Cheval Liberte Stables... HELP!!!

_jetset_

Visit site
Please someone tell me that they have been happy with their stables?

We are having an absolute nightmare with the service we have received from the company, and more importantly, the director. We have had several insulting text messages, more delivery dates than I care to mention, and still no products after paying in full in July for the stabling.

Has anyone else had an issue with the company, and if so was it resolved and how long did it take?

I strongly recommend people think carefully before using this company as our experience has caused so much upset!

Houndhunter

New User
Visit site
Hi I have just had my stables installed by Cheval, and I know exactly what you are going through, I ordered top of the range and much larger than standard size. I was given many dates, brushed off with texts etc etc and I know exactly which director you are talking about. In the end the stables turned up about 8 weeks later than scheduled, by this time my husband was completely fed up, not so much with the delay but with the constant fobbing off we had received, customer service is certainly not their strong point. It got to the point where we asked that either the stables were installed on the next date given or failing that the money back in our account.

When the Stables did arrive I have to say they are fantastic they really look the part and the fitters are really great guys, so it is worth it in the end. Having said that I ordered a tack room door at the same time and that's still not here to date, so as I've not actually paid for it I think I will just have to go elsewhere, which is a shame as it wont match the stable partitions.

I would echo your comment and would strongly recommend people thing carefully before placing an order with this company, and if you do make sure your in no rush for the stables.

Princess P

Visit site
Not stables but had an awful time with one of their trailers. Awful company - bad quality products and terrible customer service. I would never ever buy anything from them again.
Sooy that doesn't help you much, I'd recommend speaking to citizens advice.

Twinkley Lights

Visit site
Or demanding your money back under the sale of goods act for breach of contract re: failed delivery dates. Don't stand for rubbish service I once sent a 3 week old Range Rover back under sale of goods act as the computer was faulty and they wanted to repair it ... no chance.

GCR

New User
Visit site
I am Currently having these stables installed...right now!...they were meant to be done in May, but CL didn't get any of the structural planning information to the planners - we literally had to chase them twice a week to get the information that was required. They have been disasterus to deal with and I thought as we are building a second yard after this one that service the first time around would be better. Needless to say we will not be using them for the second yard.
The building looked great when it arrived and the brass fittings on the doors are particularly good, but there are huge gaps in the wood pannels for the walls and nothing seems to fit together properly.
We had the frame powder coated in black, and it has arrived with rust all over, so is going to have to be sanded and re-done. who's paying for that?...us of course
The build quality in places is good, but overall disappointing, we have gaps large enough to put your fist through in stable partitions.
In addition check your roof....they come with nothing to fix them to the main structure, the premise being that the weight will hold it down...we have had to get extra bolts to fix the roof to the building...as one large windy day and i don't even want to think about the whole thing lifting off...esp as we have a canopy out the front of it.
All in all...majorly disappointing people to deal with, good quality in places, tragic quality in others. awful after sales service and a worrying lack of concern of the structural standard required to build a safe building.
In scotland we have to go to building control to get planning permission and the engineers laughed at the design Cheval sent through.
I would advise anyone purchasing one of their barns to get an engineer to look at the drawings and make any ammendments necessary for the building to be as safe as possible. [longer bolts is a good place to start!].
Cheval were also supposed to send someone with the building to make sure we knew where everything was to go. Nobody came, and there are no instructions. My builders would kill them if they were anywhere near here.
Cheval liberte in the uk are not the manufacturers, they are just an agent and have no idea about buildings, or sales service for that matter..all they want is the order.
To anyone who is waiting for a barn/stables i would say get your money back and go to Monarch or Lodden.

lachlanandmarcus

Visit site
The idea of having stable barn in Scotland with nothing attaching the roof to the walls is beyond scary :-ooooooo

CL can't sue anyone for the feedback on here, comments can only be libellous if they are not true and clearly the feedback on here is genuine and heartfelt!!!

NB in Scotland I've been very happy with my Saltire barn and field shelter.

I think CLs designs look like all fur coat and no knickers :-DD good to hear the materials are good quality but that's not much use if they don't finish or provide enough panel!!

_jetset_

Visit site
Thank you for all of your replies.

Unfortunately, our saga goes on and on!

We ordered made to measure powder coated partitions and when they have finally come into the UK they are WRONG! However, due to the amount of time we have waited, I have just advised that I will make do with what has come as I have horses out in the field who desperately need to come in!

Our first delivery date was back in August and since that time we have now received 9 separate delivery dates (and counting). The director believes that he can just keep giving dates and not meeting them, but thankfully I have ensured all correspondence is in writing therefore it will be taken legal very soon.

The stables were paid for, in full, in July. We are now nearing the end of October and still no stables delivered, fitted or even guaranteed! The last correspondence (this morning) advised that the fitters were no available as they were now on another job despite assurances that our job was 'priority'!

I just cannot believe that so many people are having the same issue as we are. This company should not be trading if this is how they treat customers!

JillA

Visit site
If you ring CAB Consumer Advice line (replaced Consumer Direct) they pass on any relevant information to the local Trading Standards. Maybe TS ought to know but it is very difficult to get in touch with them directly, certainly here it is. Worth a phone call (or several)?

_jetset_

Visit site
I have already contacted Trading Standards but to be honest they were not that interested. They said to request a full refund which is all well and good, but that does not solve the problem of not having stables for horses.

Louby

Visit site
There was a thread on this a while back, someone having awful trouble. It may be worth a search.
Good luck, I hope you get it sorted soon.

6isenough

New User
Visit site
We are also waiting for internal stables. Promised deliv in sept.. Still waiting.. Always an excuse! Promised deliv this tues. Took time off work to take delivery but no delivery & now they r promising sat. Can never get a straight answer. V frustrating as want to get our horses out of the mud!! There must be hundreds of other people out there with a similar experience? Surely something can be done -complaint to Cheval Liberte in France - to prevent others from going through this torture!!

Goldenstar

Visit site
You poor people they sound ghastly .
Filing the name in avoid part of my memory it shame they look lovely in the adds and website.
Buy British it's easier to go and sit in the MD's office If it goes wrong.

_jetset_

Visit site
The problem is still on going...

We had 12 of the stables delivered, but two were still outstanding. The final two arrived this morning and have been fitted, but the paint finish is different to the other 12!

So we are still not finished and signed off!

chocolategirl

Visit site
We are also waiting for internal stables. Promised deliv in sept.. Still waiting.. Always an excuse! Promised deliv this tues. Took time off work to take delivery but no delivery & now they r promising sat. Can never get a straight answer. V frustrating as want to get our horses out of the u mud!! There must be hundreds of other people out there with a similar experience? Surely something can be done -complaint to Cheval Liberte in France - to prevent others from going through this torture!!

This sounds exactly like the experience I've been having with internal stables with a different company. Mine have now been fitted but I am not happy with them. The workmanship is very poor and I am waiting for them to come back so they can sort them out. We held back a final payment in the hope that they will!! When I am spending nearly 20k I don't think it's unreasonable to expect to be satisfied with the quality! It seems to be a common problem and CL seem to be one of the worst culprits. We didn't use CL this time but did buy some stable doors and windows off them a few years ago for another project and to be honest, I have been very disappointed in them so wouldn't go back again. Delivery dates are a joke and to say their communication skills are lacking is an understatement. Good luck I hope you get yours soon!

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
I hope you are all leaving reviews anywhere and everywhere you can find... People do search for reviews.
Sounds awful!

ARHorsesUK

New User
Visit site
Be good to hear some more up to date reviews; a lot can change in 7 years!! I've been recommended Cheval for stables by some friends for a upcoming project, facebook reviews look positive as well! Any thoughts would be very much welcome!