Chickens and horse poo

Whizza

Visit site
Evening.

The chickens on my yard 'Jerald and Amanda' seem to have taken a liking to my horses poo... Each to thier own I suppose, the trouble is they spread it everywhere and it's a nightmare to clean up! My mare is on restricted grazing and the small amounts of grass she has got is being covered in her poo from the blinking chickens!
Can't help but love seeing them pottering around the yard though :)

LHIS

Visit site
Our yard has hens, they wait until I've mucked out the stables and have banked the clean stuff at the sides ready to put down again later, then all come rushing in and kick it everywhere! They love having a rummage ☺️

fatpiggy

Visit site
My horse used to share a field with 6 ducks and that lot could convert a nice tidy pile of droppings to a yard wide pile of shreds in no time at all. Devils own job to pick it up afterwards of course too. The ducks were great fun to have around, but having seen this particular party trick it put me off duck eggs to the n-th degree!

LCH611

Visit site
I find that a broody hen in a hay bar is by far the best way to slow down a greedy eater!

I love my ducks but they are filthy creatures that create a terrible mess in no time

eggs

Visit site
My chickens all dash to the stable of the one horse that is fed a mix rather than cubes as they love to rummage through and pick out all the grains that he has dropped. It is a race to get to the door first to shut it before they start scraping through the droppings. My little blighter though just flies in over the door though and has great fun on her own in the stable. They don't bother with the stables of the horses fed on nuts.