Chico 60 hours post surgery - doing fab!

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
Been to visit Chico this morning and wow he is doing so well.

He was eating and pooping while i was there and was very lively again.

I took my grooming kit so was able to give him a nice groom, they had obviously hosed him off a bit but he was still all crusty so was nice to get it all off him.

He very much enjoyed it when i stuck my fingers under his bandage and gave him a scratch!

Here he is, looking cleaner but still a bit scruffy

chico60hours.jpg

Wanting me to entertain him :rolleyes:

chicoatpoolhouse.jpg

And finally a little video.
I had been with him for about an hour then went to pop my grooming kit in the car. Went back fro one last stroke and this was his reaction...

[youtube]QlLlittS_1g[/youtube]

:D:D:D:D

ghostie

Visit site
Hurrah! He certainly looks like a horse that is looking forward to going home. I think it makes a massive difference to their recovery when they stay spirited :D

Marydoll

Visit site
He looks like hes come through with flying colours :D, lovely and alert and id have to say, doesnt look to sore, which is great.
Im so pleased for you op, glad hes doing well :)

DH1

Visit site
That's wonderful news:) You must be so relieved. Super video, you were so lucky to capture that priceless moment in time.
Please keep us posted with his progress:)

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
Bless Chico, glad he is on the mend. I took one of my work mares in to horspital with colic on Monday and she ended up having surgery. Thankfully she was a simple untangle job. She is now back home, no bandage or anything. It is easier if you don't live on site to have them in horspital for as long as possible. I am sitting up so the four hourly feeds are easy for us to manage with me on nights and the rest on days. When I ran my own yard I had a client who's horse had surgery and it was a real long slog to get him back on the right track. He was quite old but took surgery well. Although we never managed to get him off the convalescence diet that they gave him (that was Liphook). My current colic surgery went to NEH, I was surprised she came home so early but she has a foal at foot too.
Sending out some healing vibes.