Chico colic surgery update

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
Just heard from the vets, mixed outcome.

Chico has come through the surgery and is up on his feet.

Vets found his small colon stuck together in a horseshoe shape with evidence that it has been like that for years, tissue found indicates it is a result of when he was castrated.

This morning his small intestine suddenly stuck to the small colon too and that is what caused him the immense pain. Vets says without todays pain they wouldnt have found the small colon that would have caused major problems at some point.

He is doing well and vets say if he doesnt colic post operatively then he has a good chance of recovery.

However.....if he does colic again the vets feels there would be no option for him other than pts.

So now i have an agonising wait to see if my beautiful boy can make it through the next 24 without colic so i may be able to eventually bring him home.

:(:(:(not sure what to feel at the moment:(:(:(

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Numb I would think.

Make sure you have good friends with you this evening. I hope your lovely horse is ok. He is in the best place they will do everything they can for him.
Stay strong for him.

meesha

Visit site
fingers crossed and thoughts are with you. Sounds promising and tbh they probably say the same to all owners after colic surgery that if they colic again not much they can do so I wouldnt be too disheartened.

Loads of good vibes x

LauraWheeler

Visit site
I have everything crossed for you.
Sending Chico more ((((((((((((vibes))))))))))))
and you more (((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))). xx

FanyDuChamp

Visit site
Keeping everything crossed for you and Chico, hope you have some good news very soon. Keep your chin up. Chico is a superstar and there are lots of good vibes coming his way, he is my favourite horse on here, think I have told you that before! ((((HUGE HUGS))))
FDC