Children’s Lessons Edinburgh

BallyK

Visit site
Hi, just looking for the best place to take my three old for lessons in or near to Edinburgh.

I had my own horse up to a few years ago when she had to be put to sleep suddenly and then life took over and I’ve never got myself back into the saddle unfortunately as much as I miss her and riding. Would love for my little girl to grow up riding as I did but unsure of the best places around now for children to learn.

Just looking for somewhere she can have some lessons and hopefully love being around ponies.

Thanks

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
I may get shot down in flames by others but I feel 3 years old is a little too young for riding lessons to be meaningful. Most instructors like a child to be able to hear and follow instructions - I think pony rides of short duration would be the way to introduce riding at such a young age but I dont know of anywhere Edinburgh way..only a place outside Stirling.

BallyK

Visit site
I agree with you, I have possibly worded my question wrong. I am just looking for somewhere she can have a plod about, not a formal sort of lesson. I’m just looking for somewhere to introduce her to riding really and being around ponies. I started to ride at 3 doing just some pony rides on a friends shetland, I think it would be good for her to start about now. Thanks for your reply.

Quadro

Visit site
Sadly I have. Appin at Drem has a good reputation, or one at Uphall, I cannot remember the name but the woman that has it is called Fiona Flynn

rallan15

Visit site
Tower farm is very bad - bordering on animal cruelty.
Lasswade is good, animals are well looked after.
I would recommend eat, sleep, ride but it’s in Eyemouth which is quite far.
Kirknewton is also good but they only have on-road hacking and a tiny arena which isn’t great.