Chilham BE80,

Mike007

Visit site
A competition report."A" took her new horse to Chilham for Florences first ever outing . They did extremely well (actualy they couldnt have done better).And even though I am extremely proud of their achievement ,knowing the work that has gone in .It is not about their success that I wish to report. There were a lot of new faces and new horses . I think it is so much harder for a newcommer on a new horse. Absolutely everything is new and to be honest ,frightening. Yet they all had a go . Some with more success than others ,but they will all be back ,and be better. SO WELL DONE ! I would also like to mention the efforts of the XC starter ,He was brilliant. He quickly sized up the riders and talked belief into them . I have seen him at work a number of times and it is always an education to watch him calm and encourage the riders. To the lady who lost a stirrup and whose horse took advantage and legged it ,I would just like to say that I would have fallen off at that point,but you managed to stay with it and even though it must have been very scary ,you did halt him in the end and you managed to steer him around a lot of people . You may not feel it now ,but you did well to even stay on . You should be proud of your self . You , your horse and a number of spectators are still in one piece due to you. So all in all Chilham BE 80 has been a good day

Nicnac

Visit site
Well done A. Chris is the best starter in the world and Chilham is magical. Had to w/d as horse threw a splint two weeks ago ar*ing about in the field but hopefully we will be there in August.

Mike007

Visit site
Sorry to hear about the splint, is he young? The good thing is that once a splint has formed they seldom give any further trouble. Good luck for August. Keep us all informed .