Chiltern Equine Stallion Parade at Widmer Yesterday

fruity

Visit site
I had a fab day at the parade yesterday,just have to post that out of all of the stallions Treliver Decanter,H Tobago and of course my fave Wolkenderry really were jaw dropping! Truly stunning boys. Lovely to see them in the flesh. Hope everyone who went had a fab time,my mare is having her pre breeding checks and then may/june i'll be organising fresh semen from Wolkenderry,very exciting.

I also won in the raffle too so was pleased with my saturday :)

Erin

Visit site
I've put my pics from the day in the picture forum :) (you might have seen me, I was standing at the end of the seated bit with my camera on a stick!!)

Whizz105

Visit site
Enjoyed it! Great to catch up with Jacke and Wish. First time in meeting Alex, what a lovely, lovely guy and a great rider too!

OH took lots of photos, more of Wolkenderry as we were there for him and Jacke. These are being uploaded to website.

Gutted I missed opportunity to see Rita and Archie in the stable!

Excellent variety of stallions on show. Not going to pick out the not so good points as overall I thought it was a success.

fruity

Visit site
TBH all the stallions were fab for each job they were bred for but those 3 really were wow wee! Touchwood your boys dressage,core! lovely chaps,my friend was v keen on Royaldik for her mare. Thanks you to all the stallion owners,the effort was appreciated esp with the crash on the motorway! alex was very friendly,got to meet him back at Wish's stable,full of praise for the boy,i think this time next year we are going to have one fab event horse.

htobago

Visit site
Thanks fruity - so glad you liked my chap! I'm afraid I didn't get to see Treliver Decanter.

Touchwood - thanks to the same massive tailback on the M40, I was over an hour late and missed Carousel (sniff!) but got to see Graf and Rubicell, who both looked stunning. Tried to find you to say hello, but no luck.

Missed Wolkenderry too (another sniff!) as I had to leave early.

Also missed Archie's show, but saw him briefly outside - WOW, what an impressive horse! I've been admiring him in photos and videos for ages, but gosh, he's even more gorgeous in real life!

Contis looked super too, very elegant - and I liked the PBA Mettlewood Jubilee Tribute.

Big thanks to Sue ('the watcher' on here) for giving me a lift there and back, and calming my silly nerves!

Touchwood

www.touchwoodstud.co.uk
HTobago, you wouldn't have missed Carousel, as we were so late all the boys missed their slots and went later and Carousel ended up being nearly last! Full credit to the organisers for still fitting everyone in, as there were a lot of us stuck in the traffic!

htobago

Visit site
HTobago, you wouldn't have missed Carousel, as we were so late all the boys missed their slots and went later and Carousel ended up being nearly last! Full credit to the organisers for still fitting everyone in, as there were a lot of us stuck in the traffic!

Ah, I assumed I had missed him when I arrived so late....but I still managed to miss him as I had to leave early! Hope to get another chance to see him - I think they are doing this showcase again next year?

The organisers did a great job - and attracted a big crowd!

htobago

Visit site
I was there, had a great day :) So nice to finally see Tobago, and I really enjoyed seeing the others too. I liked Archie a lot, I'm not usually an ID fan but he's fab.

It was so good to meet you - and thank you again for all the text updates while Sue and I were stuck on the M40!

Couldn't agree more about Archie.:)

ritajennings

Visit site
Well just arrived home from a friends special birthday celebrations, between me and you she was 70 but dont tell anyone, this was the reason we had to leave early.
But I did get to see Tobago who took my breath away, and meet Kate, we will be keeping intouch so I hope to see the handsome boy again soon.
We were stabled next to Carousel again and this time got to get even closer to him in his stable, my opinion of him is even higher than before he is a lovely stallion with bucket loads of presents, I LOVE him. Gemma and Dave from Touchwood Stud also had Rubicel with them what a gentleman he was with this complete stranger smelling of a strange stallion approached him in his stable was quite happy for me to be there while he was prepared for his parade by Gemma and Dave, thanks for the loan of the stallion chain, me in my rush to leave early forgot mine.
Whizz105 I think we only just missed each other, we really need to wear badges with our names on I would have loved to meet you and introduce you to my boy.
Indigo Moose thank you I am glad you liked Archie, I was very moved by the talk by Darren Blanchard , he made some lovely remarks about Archie. Like I have mentioned to Kate, I have been a Irish Draught person many years, but still do appreciate any good Equine and I would have been happy to have taken any of the horses or ponies parading home with me every one was special in there own way, and on my way out saw a beautiful chestnut sec A, I think, but Kate thought he was B but either way he was cracking.
We had a great time, x

Touchwood

www.touchwoodstud.co.uk
And Rita THANK YOU for your help!! We really were running around like mad things, as we were just so late because of the traffic!! The organisers should really be praised for re-jigging and keeping everything running smoothly for the people who were unavoidably late. I do hope they do it again next year, very well done and supported.

Kate, we will be back at the showcase definately, and Carousel may get a few more outings yet this year, he does love a party!

JaxMath

Visit site
Congratulations to all concerned - a really fab day!!
Great to meet so many H&H forumites and new friends too.