Chipchecker,complete mess!

DD

Visit site
new passport regs start today. have just checked my horses microchip number on it. it says he's eligible for the meat chain. no he isn't he's had bute. I cannot sign him out apparently on the data base the PIO have tyo do it so I have to send the passport back to the PIO. what is this going to cost I wonder. thousands of passports will have to be sent back. he's already signed out on the passport so why does it have to go back? or thousands of horses will go into meat products which shouldn't because of medication. imagine the scenario, a stolen horse taken to abattoir, scanned, it shows up its ok for meat, its slaughtered and eaten. human health put at risk because of medication its had. what a mess.

SEL

Visit site
Really? Both of mine are signed out. That'll be fun then. The reason my vets got so paranoid was because a horse with bute in its system made its way through the meat processing before it was detected - & was traced back to one of their clients.

sywell

Visit site
new passport regs start today. have just checked my horses microchip number on it. it says he's eligible for the meat chain. no he isn't he's had bute. I cannot sign him out apparently on the data base the PIO have tyo do it so I have to send the passport back to the PIO. what is this going to cost I wonder. thousands of passports will have to be sent back. he's already signed out on the passport so why does it have to go back? or thousands of horses will go into meat products which shouldn't because of medication. imagine the scenario, a stolen horse taken to abattoir, scanned, it shows up its ok for meat, its slaughtered and eaten. human health put at risk because of medication its had. what a mess.

Send an email to the Equine Register and tell them also to the PIO telling them.

Reactions: DD

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Vets have a duty to sign equines out in section 9 or elsewhere on passport, but unless the owner notifies passport agency, this change won't be on the new database...... another thing 'they' didn't think of before implementation of the database....

DD

Visit site
a couple of years ago when my horse needed bute my vet said we'd better sign him out of the food chain then didn't know what to do exactly so said i could sign him out on the passport which is what I did.

Carlosmum

Visit site
I signed mine out as soon as I heard about it. The vet did check when she prescribed bute. However neither a chipped so that is the next job to do.