Chiro recommendations Essex/Suffolk/Cambs

YasandCrystal

Visit site
I want to get a chiro to my horse who has scaro iliac problems. I am fetching him from Newmarket today. If the vet recommends a chiro I may well be able to claim via my insurance, otherwise the bill is mine.

I have spoken to a chap I saw a couple of recommendations for called Paul Darrington from Cambs - he is rather expensive. Does anyone have experience of him? Another name that seems to pop up is Annabel Jenks? Thank-you please advise - I want a really good one!

TicTac

Visit site
Paul Darrington is a friend of mine as well as a good ' chiro' He does a lot of deep tissue massage and stretching. My horses always love his treatments.

Ettie Cook from Elite Physiotherapy is excellent and helps re-habilitate horses after injury as well as general maintainance stuff. She has been treating my mare after her kissing spine operation last year. She is also worth a try and ACPAT registered so you will be able to claim on your insurance.

http://www.elitephysiotherapy.co.uk/index.html

Neither are cheap but of the two Ettie is definitely the best.

YasandCrystal

Visit site
Paul Darrington is a friend of mine as well as a good ' chiro' He does a lot of deep tissue massage and stretching. My horses always love his treatments.

Ettie Cook from Elite Physiotherapy is excellent and helps re-habilitate horses after injury as well as general maintainance stuff. She has been treating my mare after her kissing spine operation last year. She is also worth a try and ACPAT registered so you will be able to claim on your insurance.

http://www.elitephysiotherapy.co.uk/index.html

Neither are cheap but of the two Ettie is definitely the best.

Thanks TicTac, yes I contacted Paul and he was lovely and helpful. I was hesitant as he is so expensive compared to other chiros and I spoke with Sue Dyson and my vet and both advised not to use a chiro. They believe my boy has a chronic condition so for now I want to take a gentler approach. I like the sound of Ettie though and intense physio is what I had in mind. I will take a look. Thank-you again

TicTac

Visit site
Thanks TicTac, yes I contacted Paul and he was lovely and helpful. I was hesitant as he is so expensive compared to other chiros and I spoke with Sue Dyson and my vet and both advised not to use a chiro. They believe my boy has a chronic condition so for now I want to take a gentler approach. I like the sound of Ettie though and intense physio is what I had in mind. I will take a look. Thank-you again

You're welcome. Ettie is fab and was recommended to me :)