Choosing an adult dog....

{97702}

Visit site
I am going to see some rescue greyhounds on Sunday with a view to giving one a home...... I think there are 4 or 5 of them, all of them meet my initial criteria (big, male, OK to be left while I am at work) and a lot will depend on how they get on with my 3 girls, but how ever will I choose? :eek::D:D:D

I cannot take more than one before anyone suggests that :p I am hoping there will be one I just 'click' with when I meet him :)

Of course this is subject to a home check too, so not counting my chickens and all that.....!!

deb_l222

Visit site
I think you need to pick the one that can handle 4 women in his life!

Yep, this 😂

Pick the one that’s least phased by lots of ladies!!

Most of my woofs have arrived here due to them being too ‘orrible to go to normal folk but if I had a choice I would pick the dog that my existing ones liked the best or showed little interest in.

Clodagh

Visit site
There are dogs in those rehoming kennels saying 'Right guys, this mad woman is coming on Sunday with loads of bitches. Just act surly and she will pick on someone else...'

MuddyTB

Visit site
How exciting, I'm sure the right one will stand out.
Lots more greyhound pics due soon then...we pick up 2 new greys next Friday!!

{97702}

Visit site
There are dogs in those rehoming kennels saying 'Right guys, this mad woman is coming on Sunday with loads of bitches. Just act surly and she will pick on someone else...'

LMAO :D :D Now I've read Muddy TBs reply I might have to select two of them, so they are moral support for each other :p

MuddyTB

Visit site
Absolutely...get 2 ;)
It's taken us ages after losing Gerald to be ready and have time but can't wait. 2 black ones, boy and girl who lived together while racing so homing them together now.
They're both tiny compared to the old lad!

CrazyMare

Visit site
We didn't pick Maggie. The kennels picked her for us to foster for 2 weeks. The criteria was another small, quiet girl as Lucky is a small, quiet girl.

Maggie has settled in to be a small, bouncy, talkative girl!!!

See what happens when you go!

{97702}

Visit site
I would love a dog that will play with Millie 😊 you can quote me on that in a few months time when I’m tearing my hair out with two mad hounds playing constantly in the house 😂

{97702}

Visit site
Oh decisions decisions - it was awful :D The charity were very clever and introduced me first to the dog they wanted me to have - and he was gorgeous, a stunnning 3 year old black greyhound boy, just what I wanted :) But I was determined not to jump at the first dog I saw, so I asked to see the others which they had identified as being suitable - a lovely white and black boy, a stunning brindle boy, another tall rangy black boy who was so handsome and eye catching, and a dark brindle boy with the most amazing roman nose :)

And I couldn't decide between the first dog I'd met (Marty) and the last one with the roman nose (weirdly called Boggy!) - so we took both of them for a walk with the girls, then introduced them seperately to the girls off the lead in an enclosed area. Boggy and Millie absolutely got on like a house on fire - bearing in mind he was twice the size of her! - and immediately were playing an energetic game of chase everywhere. Marty was slightly calmer - he wanted to play, but as with most ex-racers he isn't quite sure how to yet? The girls got on with both of them, so I went away to mull it over :)

Until we went out to the car park and met some people to talk to, whereupon Marty leaned against me in that way only a greyhound can and asked for a cuddle........

Subject to home check, he comes home with me the weekend after next :):):):)

1538933767746.png

{97702}

Visit site
I genuinely don't understand why the black dogs are so hard to rehome, I think they are lovely :) He seems so laid back, he wasn't phased at all by 4 strange females :D :D :D

CrazyMare

Visit site
The kennels ours came from said the same about black greys. We have Maggie who is black and gorgeous. Can't see why anyone wouldn't want a shiny black pointy!!