Chris Bartle and NH arcticle HH

dieseldog

Visit site
Did anyone read the Chris Bartle article in this weeks horse and hound on Natural Horsemanship. I thought it was good. Basically said that he thought it was just well marketed and packaged common sense. It was good to take something from both schools of thought and sit somewhere in the middle.

Seems him and JM7 might have been chatting.

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
I thought it was brilliantly written - he said what I have been trying (and failing) to splutter out for a very long time.

I love his articles, always food for thought and he is never afraid to say what he feels - remember the one on dressage last year - brilliant!

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
I haven't read it. Is it available online? I'm delighted though that someone has publicly debunked the myth that NH is anything more than good old-fashioned common sense.
Hmmm... do you think the chaps at IH have read it?? Will there be outrage? Mass consolatory tree and bunny hugging??
tongue.gif

riotgirl

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Will there be outrage? Mass consolatory tree and bunny hugging??
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Those weird beady things will be flying off the shelves...

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
Surprisingly PF, they seem to be agreeing with him
blush.gif
- well at least those that are posting about it - and must admit that's not many - although one of them did ask if he was new!!!!!!! She was very gently put in her place by the others
smirk.gif

M_G

Visit site
I thought it was fantastic the both can compliment each other and I agree that some use it as an excuse not to ride, I cant ride yet as I havent mastered the 7 games tee hee
x

dieseldog

Visit site
I can't imagine that H&H is very popular over on IH as the equestrian figure having fun poked at it this week on the letters page was a new age rider.

PF - someone will have to save it for you for when you come over

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
I can't imagine that H&H is very popular over on IH as the equestrian figure having fun poked at it this week on the letters page was a new age rider.

[/ QUOTE ]

*snigger* Do you think they took the idea from last weeks forum? Yay - that would mean we have input!
grin.gif

Iestyn

Visit site
It was an excellent article - made me chuckle at a few of the things he said. Seeing NH in action on a regular basis he basically said what most of us think!!! I really like Chris Bartle - been fortunate enough to meet him a few times as he trains my instructor and he's a fantastic horseman!!!

ss1

Visit site
I haven't read the article yet but have to now. My instructor trains with CB too and is the best one I have ever worked with.

Fransurrey

Visit site
That's not the way, I read it, either.

BTW, I have friends who are IH members, but I'm sure none have a 'weird beady thing'. What the ??? is that about, then? Wasn't there enough mud-slinging the other week? NEver mind tree-hugging, makes me want to crush a grape, Stu Francis style!!
smile.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
IH is organising the CB tour so he wasn't having at dig at them!

[/ QUOTE ]

Kelly - no one said he was having a go at you (IHK is Kelly Marks incase anyone didn't know) in his article he said that he didn't agree with the people sat at the far end of either spectrum.

PS - advertising not allowed on H & H