Chris King

lifeslemons

www.eventingworldwide.com
There seems to be alot of talk about the depth of talent exisiting within the younger riders curren

Badminton was a fantastic for the potential team system. However, one rider I feel sorry for is Chris King. Luckily he is still clinging onto his place in this squad but has had very bad luck recently. In 2003 it appeared that he was going to have the success that in actual fact as gone instead to Ollie Townend and since then it hasnt gone his way.

Miss de Meana still isnt sound having been withdrawn after Dressage last year at Badminton and he has lost several horses to the Hoys. Therefore, he has been forced to plug away at the odd intermediate horse - we all know that one good horse brings more - but he hasnt currently got this.

He has a wonderful yard, (courtesy of at least one generous owner,) and back up from Zanie - best groom in the world! and this combined with his talent really should attract more attention.

I hope he can turn around his fortune soon - loosing his place on the potential team would be a diaster (as in order to maintain your funding you need success obviously.)

Iestyn

Visit site
Sounds very much like an advertisement to me - you on commision
grin.gif
!I loved the lookof Miss de Meena when I've seen her compete - looks like she has some attitude though! Shame she isn't sound! Unfortunately, everyone has their ups and downs - and as the age old saying goes "that's horses for ya!).

Hattikins

Visit site
I agree with you-used to have his name up as a great young talent...i guess as always if you dont have the rides, you get forgotten. Grrrr!! really annoys me i hate it when great riders dont get the rides they deserve.
mad.gif

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
A lot of us here on the forum are big Chris King fans for his riding style and hopefully soon he will get THE horse to take him to the top.

MissDeMeena

Visit site
Am also a Chris King fan (but no, before you all ask, my user name has nothing todo with that horse!!!)
There is another saying.. 'cream will always rise to the top'.. if he's good enough, which i think he is, he'll stay there!!

lorenababbit

Visit site
Because he broke Peacceful Warrior and then neither he nor the alleged 'best groom in the world' could get it right in 18 months of trying and Chris then told the owners he didnt want to ride the other one anyway.