Christmas box for your farrier?

Mellymoo1

Visit site
Hi All

I know there was a post recently about this but cant find it!

Do any of you guys get something for your farrier at Christmas?

Mine has been fantastic and I just wanted to say thank you to him by getting him a pressie. Trouble is, I'm not sure what to get him, hes fairly young, I'm not sure what he drinks and I'm rubbish at getting good presents for people.

Anyone got any advice?

Thanks

M

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
Bottle of wine and chocolate? Can't really go wrong with those
tongue.gif

Baileysno1

Visit site
I'd get mine a alarm clock - not really! Anything alcoholic generally goes down well, you can get these funky rare ale packs from the supermarket with all different flavours someone got my OH a pack for Xmas and he enjoyed trying them I'm going to look for something similar for my farrier.

Mellymoo1

Visit site
To an extent I agree with you cos they ain't cheap!! But I think my farrier has been exceptionally great!! He always arrives on time, is great with Bradley and has really helped improve his feet. Plus he lets me off paying for road nails and lost shoes - Can't be bad!!

fairyclare

Visit site
Mellymoo1, Marc Lockwood is my farrier too, he is coming on friday to shoe mine and it will be the last time i see him before xmas, as you say he is really great at always being there on time and always does an ace job, i got hom and Chris Khor (when they were working together) wine last year.
I like the idea of the funky rare ale packs!!

Haven't ever seen him go topless!!
grin.gif

Mellymoo1

Visit site
Hi fairyclare

He really is a great farrier isn't he? I'm trying to persuade the rest of my yard to use him as I can't recommend him enough.

You must be pretty near me - Wherebouts in Woking are you?