Christmas came early!

rosiesowner

Visit site
Some of you may remember the thread I posted asking for advice on a DR saddle to suit my high withered TB mare. The fitter came out this morning and brought plenty of options to look at. We narrowed it down to a few:
-PDS Carl Hester thingy (can't remember the name!)
-Stübben Juventus
-Prestige Passion
-K&M High wither surface block

The PDS she felt alright in walk and trot but in canter didn't want to move at all! I wasn't very comfortable whatsover and it was just a general 'nope' from the two of us! Hopped onto the Juventus, felt much better. So much more comfortable and Chilli really liked it too. I had fallen a little bit in love but vowed to give the other two a fair chance. I really liked the feel of the Prestige but Chilli just didn't; we figured in the end that while the saddles were all the same length, the panels on the Stübben and the K&M lifted a little at the back off her so the last inch or so isn't actually really touching her (or something like that-I'm not the saddle fitting expert and she had a much more scientific explanation!) As you might have guessed by that last sentence, Chills really liked the K&M but I just didn't feel at home in it at all; the bottom of my back was so tight to keep my position and I just felt so insecure. So we popped the Stübben on for one last spin...

And oh my goodness. I just felt totally at home. It's so not something I would have looked at on the rack and thought I would have liked. It's a tiny little bit more forward than the other but that ended up suiting my long thighs I think. It's just like Christmas! I'm so happy! And I would never in a million years listed a Stübben as something I'd like. Just shows how important it is to try a few before you buy :D

Oh, and it has sparkles:eek:

Thanks so much all for the advice on the other thread and I hope you can excuse this gushing, excited post. Mulled wine and Family Circle biscuits for those who got to the end :eek::eek:

25299519_871334343026214_4057924577428426625_n.jpg

25152396_871334333026215_5711632283711366900_n.jpg

25299014_871334386359543_467838174447587838_n.jpg

rosiesowner

Visit site
Congrats on finding the holy grail, a fitting comfortable (And bling!) saddle! :cool3:

I know... I was so prepared for the one she liked most not being the one I liked most... And yet we found one for both of us. And to think the fitter said she nearly didn't bring it but just thought 'Oh, why not?!'. And yay, bling!!

shirl62

Visit site
What a 'braw' saddle and with a very tasteful touch of bling...Great that both customers were happy with the purchase...

Shirl

rosiesowner

Visit site
Lol, in France i would say it is ' nickel ' , the best compliment you can get for something !!
Merry Christmas RO , glad you are both happy :)
( iv'e ordered a new sheepskin seat for my saddle, i am certain that i am going to have the happiest arse in France:D) xx

You are certainly going to be comfy!
Thank you :)

GemG

Visit site
Congrats on new saddle.. it looks beautiful ...but isn't it amazing how you wouldn't choose one necessarily to look at, then when you try it can totally change your opinion.

rosiesowner

Visit site
Congrats on new saddle.. it looks beautiful ...but isn't it amazing how you wouldn't choose one necessarily to look at, then when you try it can totally change your opinion.
It really is, I was so surprised to like the slight forwardness! Tbf when you lift the top flap the bottom flap with the block is actually 99.9% straight but that little bit of angle accommodates my long thigh really well. I think it's actually supposed to be a saddle for juniors or petite ladies. I really love it and I'm glad I tried it!

rosiesowner

Visit site
Ooh don't see as many stubbens these days. It looks v smart.

I honestly hadn't considered a Stübben at all. I had no clue this model existed before she brought it and while I love my saddle, a few Stübbens I've seen have been (no offence stübben lovers) a little bit ugly.

But perhaps I will become a convert!!