Christmas Livery Price List .

Eira

Visit site
Is this ok ?
Am just doing a notice and am putting the figures in .

Xmas Eve / Xmas Day / Boxing Day /NY Eve / NY Day

Feed / RUG Change and TO - £2
Feed / RUG Change and BI - £2

Skip Out (no bed up) and hay-nets ready for PM - £3
Full Muck out and hay ready for PM - £5

Hay / Feed - £1

Full Day (to,bi, muckout etc) - £10

Thankyou
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

ps . All the liveries no me and trust me to look after their horses (have done so enough times in the past !!!
smirk.gif
)

ETA - These are normal livery charges with an teensy weensy increase !
laugh.gif
( but still some may object
wink.gif
)

Bay_Beasty

Visit site
Well if they know and trust you I bet you could charger 3 times that amount and they would pay for it!!!!!! doesn't sound too expensive at all but you may end up doing everyone's horses for them!

Eira

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Double them
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif

Really ?
My yard doesn't offer livery over Xmas so I thought the normal price would be ok ( and YO has told me not to take the piss
tongue.gif
)
Am only doing it as i'm not a big fan of Xmas anyway and would rather be at the yard ( and am in need for money
crazy.gif
!
grin.gif

MistletoeMegan

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Am only doing it as i'm not a big fan of Xmas anyway and would rather be at the yard ( and am in need for money
crazy.gif
!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh, but you don't need to tell them that
wink.gif

jnb

Visit site
Both my last yards charged £25 a day for Christmas Day or Boxing Day or New year's day =£75 if you don't do anything yourself.
I would rather do it myself - as I would every day if I didn't work/live 17 miles from the yard!

Stoxx

Visit site
It does sound as though you could increase the prices a bit without people thinking it is expensive.

I just have one question about it. You say you'll feed, change rugs and turnout/ bring in for £2, so add two of them onto the £5 you'll charge for mucking out, that's £9 for the day. But you also say it's £10 for a full day. Unless I'm missing something your figures don't add up
smile.gif

at work

Visit site
Agree with others - way too cheap, full muck out and hay should be nearer 10 and full day 15 - up everything else to match.

If they won't pay 15 to have christmas day off, then they can do it themselves
smirk.gif

silvershadow81

Visit site
I charge £15 day for the weekends when the owners cant do it... it included me doing a rug change, turnout, muck out, bring in, groom, rug change... and this is throughout the year.

Last year on Christmas day itself, i think i was paid about £25 per horse.

When you become a horse owner, its one of those things... you have to be prepared to do your horse even when the time is not convinient... if they dont want to do their own horse Christmas day then they should be prepared to pay someone else too.

Everyone on my yard is very greatful that I do their horses that day..... even though they are paying! xx

BBH

Visit site
Very Cheap, my last DIY yard was charging £ 30 per day for each horse and the lady doing them was full with takers.

Its definitely worth more as xmas day out of the whole year is when some people need time out from horses.

Eira

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
It does sound as though you could increase the prices a bit without people thinking it is expensive.

I just have one question about it. You say you'll feed, change rugs and turnout/ bring in for £2, so add two of them onto the £5 you'll charge for mucking out, that's £9 for the day. But you also say it's £10 for a full day. Unless I'm missing something your figures don't add up
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They get a brush
wink.gif

No
confused.gif

I just can't do simple maths
blush.gif

Will amend !
grin.gif

cazza

community.webshots.com
You charge less than we pay for a weekday, our weekends are more expensive. So I don't know what they will charge for xmas or new year. Definitely put your prices up I don't think anyone would begrudge you the extra cash for doing their horses over these dates.

rabatsa

Far from the madding crowd
Visit site
I would charge double your usual rate for the bank holiday days, Christmas day, Boxing day and New years day and your usual rate for the other days, Christmas eve and New years eve.

sare_bear

Visit site
Gosh how cheap. ITs normally £12 for a normal day on full livery if I go away, so would expect a minimum of £15 for bank hols. For £10 I think you'll be doing most of the yard.
crazy.gif

Where abouts are you, Jnb that sounds like daylight robbery £75 a day. Thats offering a service but not wanting to do it!! Taking the P***, i think??
confused.gif
grin.gif

LOZHUG

Visit site
Charge a bit more.

What you are quoting is only bit more than what I pay now.

Mine:
Full day (everything) so Muck out, change rugs, boot up, nets, bed down, bring in, feed, change rugs, boots off all for £6 per day.

As said above £15-£20 would still be cheap for the days you are offering.

Nailed

Visit site
LMAO Livery owner says dont take the piss.. but isnt offering it herself?

Id charge 15 to 20 for a full day..

Up em a bit babes!
It is christmas after all!

Lou x

luckilotti

hillhousestables.co.uk
Way too cheap IMO.
Like youself, other years i have offered similar if not slightly more expensive prices, and people took the pi**! i had asked for at least 24hours notice if they wanted me to do their horses, i got last mintue text as i was leaving the yard with people wanting me to also do them, as a result of the softy i am, i did it, annoyed my family in the process as i was then late!
So, last year, i charged about 3 times the amount i used to charge, and also asked for notice in advance if they wanted me to do theirs.
Yet again, someone took the pi** and text me last minute, but well, they had to pay the increased price so i didnt feel so used! the others all managed to sort themselves out. The service was their and offered and it was up to them if they took me up on it or not!
Honestly, put your prices up, as from experience, even the most organised people suddenly decide that if someone else can do it for a couple of quid - then why not - but they decide last minute!
i'll try and get my price list from last year and repost with the fugures.

HenryandPeta

Visit site
baaaa - following the herd here! I think you could comfortably offer 15 quid a day for the full works, I'd be more than happy to pay that!

What have liveries done previously? Their own horses or has the YO done them?

jnb

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Gosh how cheap. ITs normally £12 for a normal day on full livery if I go away, so would expect a minimum of £15 for bank hols. For £10 I think you'll be doing most of the yard.
crazy.gif

Where abouts are you, Jnb that sounds like daylight robbery £75 a day. Thats offering a service but not wanting to do it!! Taking the P***, i think??
confused.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think I explained very well- it was £25 for Xmas day,£25 or Boxing Day and £25 for New Year's day so if you had all three it was £75.
What gets me is, no yard deducts the day's livery from your bill if/when you choose to do it yourself on BHs???
So in December you pay for 31 days' livery even though you only get 29......
crazy.gif

pairciban

Visit site
My yard is a diy with a livery service.

Normal day, full is £8, t/o £2, m/o/water £3, hay £1, feeds made up 50p, c/i+feet £2.50 and c/i finish off £3.50.

Weekends £10

Xmas day, boxing day and new years day are all £20 for full, £5 t/o, £5 c/i, £10 for bed etc.