Christmas show and chase me charlie rules

katiekate

Visit site
Hello

I have three weeks to organise my yard's Chirstmas show in. I'm going to do the usual fancy dress, games, clear round and open dressage, but any other ideas???

Also, does anyone have a precis of rules and explanation for a chase me charlie? Am thinking of included this as well.

Help!!!!

Rambo

Visit site
I think Chase Me Charlie's are little bit un-PC these days aren't they!? I read a schedule recently which did one where the fence got narrower in each round though instead of higher...

As for the rules, well, fences keep going higher / narrower until you fault (knockdown or refusal). Clears in each round go forward to the next round. In the affiliated equivilents of these classes they usually limit the number of JO's though...to about 5
smile.gif

katiekate

Visit site
I love the jelly idea! I also wanted to do a pony grand national but I think our school ponies would freak. I just want to do something a bit different but can't think of anything!

miller

Visit site
Everywhere round us still do C-M-C, basically all start at lowest height, fence normally starta around 18", each rider in turn jumps, those that knock it down or run out are 'out'

Those that are 'in' wait for jump to go up one hole and process starts again.

Normally let anyone who has had a stop have another attempt to get horse over obstacle but they reman 'out' even if they clear it.

Gamblers stakes go quite well, course with range of fences built with differing heights (all jumpable from both directions) one fence built a fair bit bigger than everything else. Each jump given a score and the big 'joker' fence give a score double the highest other score.

Riders get to jump as many fences as possible in 1min, can attempt the joker max 2 times and if they knock it down they lose the value of the joker. Any other knockdowns/stops incur no penalty but you are not allowed to reattempt knocked down fences. Usually say they must start and finish over a certain fence once bell rung.

Hope that makes sense
confused.gif

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
An old favorite, Barrel Jumping. For those who don't know put up a row of possible 6/8 barrels/tubs/containers and everyone in the game jumps them. When the first round is over remove a barrel, thus the jump gets narrower. Keep doing it until you are down to one barrel. Do not have wings, you'll find it more & more difficult as the number decreased. Alot of horses/ponies will run out at one or 2 barrels. Good Fun!
grin.gif
wink.gif

spooks

Visit site
how about a pairs relay or ride and run where one person rides the horse round a course of jumps then there partner does the course on foot. would have to be quite low jumps though!