Chuffed to Bits

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Really happy as my 17 year old veteran cob managed to come 2nd in the HW amateur class at RIHS yesterday. He gave me a beautiful ride and as far as I am concerned, covered himself in glory. Neither the ride judge nor the conformation judge could believe how old he was. So pleased with him - he really deserved it
grin.gif

Evadiva1514

Visit site
Well done FMM!!

Its lovely when the veterans get the recognition they deserve, and give the younger ones a run for there money!!

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Thanks! The ground was not too bad as we were in a decent ring, but I had already decided to pull out of the open class and just do the amateurs because I want his poor old legs to last as long as possible! They only took one photo which wasn't very nice so I didn't buy it.

Fiona

Visit site
Wow well done.
Showing normally seems to be younger horses doesn't it (though we still have Beamish over here mopping up all the cups).
Am assuming he loved it and was glad to be out and about "showing off" to judges/audience etc.
My 24yo loves to get out and was recently placed at intro.
Up the oldies!!!!!!

Fiona

PS - I am obsessed by your signature and could watch it all day (laughing like a loony every time)

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Thanks FIona - he was retired 3 years ago, but came out again this year as my riding horse injured himself. It is like he has never been away - like putting on an old pair of slippers! He reminds me of the penguin in my sig - he is the one that is shoving the other one in the water ...
Well done with your oldie as well - 24 and doing intro - wow!

Fiona

Visit site
That's just like me and Ben, brought back from retirement because younger horse is injured. Deffo "old pair of slippers" time. It's the partnership isn't it, you know what they're going to do before they do it (have had Ben 18 years).
Fiona

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
Oh fantastic news bet you are pleased as punch and I bet he enjoyed his trip out again to.

Do you have any photo's of him at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

He is the chestnut horse in PF's signature!
This is him earlier this year at Keysoe. He looks a little better now I think - more "toned". (wish I could say the same
crazy.gif
)
bobkeysoe1.jpg

This is him when he was retired ...
bobundressed.jpg