Cider vinegar - how much do you feed?

Chex

Visit site
I was using the NAF cider vinegar, and it says to feed <font color="blue"> 150 ml </font> per day. But I bought the Wendals Herbs one yesterday, and it says to feed <font color="blue"> 10 ml </font> per day
confused.gif
crazy.gif
. Now they could be different strengths, but I don't think they are. So how much do you feed per day? 10 ml doesn't seem very much, but on the hand 150 ml seems quite a lot!

k9h

Visit site
I feed 56ml daily or usually a glug but can go up to 164ml a day during infectious periods. If its to much for your horse then I am sure he will let you know about it!! Mine comes from a supplier who gets it from Ostlers though my supplier is cheaper than him!???

Halfstep

Visit site
I feed the very scientific unit known as "a glug". No idea how much that comes to - probably around 60-100 ml. I don't think horses can OD on cider vinegar!!!

jayvee

Visit site
I use the NAF one, and give a good couple of glugs once a day. Gawd knows what that measures out at?? Will have to find out am curious now, could be wasting me money!!

lucemoose

Visit site
10 ml??thats like two teaspoons! does that mean the NAF one is super concentrated? I think I used the Wendalls or Hilton Herbs one and the mare got a glug every morning

Chex

Visit site
10 ml is next to nothing, thats why I'm a bit confused
confused.gif
I probably feed about 60ml just now, so guess I'll just stick with that, or the very scientific "glug"
smirk.gif

Chex

Visit site
Thanks for the links, interesting what it says about the paler version (like the Naf ones), I guess their one is better if its natural.

alfirules

Visit site
i give mine 100ml a day. i got this guideline amount from the hilton herbs book.

i get the naf one, but i used to get one that wa from a local cider farm, which was cloudy, so probably better than naf one, it was half the prie of naf one too!

but the shop stopped selling it for some reason!