Cider vinegar

tuscanyD

Visit site
Just started my mare on it - she has an old injury that makes her favour one hind leg causing stiffness and weakness. She gets physio exercises, regular exercise and schooling [big shapes only - she can't cope with more intense work or jumping - goes lame].

Had her on cortaflex for a while but it didn't help much [if at all] - certainly not fifty quid a tub's worth anyway.

Heard good things re cider vinegar so thought I'd try it.

Anyone got good/bad stories? Length of time it took to make a difference or no difference?

Joules

Visit site
I have used Cider Vinegar in the past and it seemed to work well, but I was recommended to use cortaflex which I tried and I have to say works wonders!
So I now just use cortaflex!!
smirk.gif

Clodagh

Visit site
I use both, and put her on them both at once, so can't tell which helps. The clicking has stopped, but could be either!

tuscanyD

Visit site
the cortaflex did stop the clicking in my mares hip/leg too. but didn't stop her showing lameness after intense work. maybe i didnt use it for long enough but i was skint and its so expensive.

if thats all the cider vin does i'm happy to pay 6 quid for a gallon of it.

how long as yours been on both?

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
Which type are you using?
I have known horses on all types of Cortaflex, normal/HA, powder/liquid. One I knew came sound after 6 yrs off the track on Cortaflex HA liquid. They had tried all the others with no success. He immediately won 3 on the bounce and is still winning and showing form 3 years later.
I would never use any of the others again, after seeing the result on that horse.

Joules

Visit site
My horse is 20 and still competes BSJA on cortaflex. He even broke his pelvis about 4 years ago, and twisted a fetlock (a bit accident prone) thats why he is on it. You have to give them the liquid form first so it gets in their system, and then move on to the powder.

All his joints used to swell up before and he would go lame, i did use cider vinegar but it didnt work that well! But since being on cortaflex have had no problems with his legs or lameness, i know its pricey but when it works its SO worth it!!