Clare Balding stole my childhood!

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Lol, I've barely started reading mine yet, but have looked at all the pictures - mine's a lovely signed copy too.

I hope I take her mums attitude to children though, they come after dogs and horses :D

Lolo

Visit site
Loved every second, but especially the bit where she recounts her dream career in primary school. She said eventer, and was then asked what she'd like to invent as they'd misheard her and thought she said inventor. Exactly the same thing happened to my little sister :D Wonder how many other horsey children had the same happen to them- must be lots!

cold_feet

Visit site
Lol, I've barely started reading mine yet, but have looked at all the pictures - mine's a lovely signed copy too.

I hope I take her mums attitude to children though, they come after dogs and horses :D

There were no dogs or horses in my childhood, but have to say that my parents seemed a bit like Clare's - seemingly unaware of what I was up to! Had a whale of a time with no adult interference. Not much chance of that for kids these days I guess.

Jasmine86

Visit site
Loved her book and what a childhood I could only dream of it!!!

I didn't learn to ride until I was 20, oh to be like Clare.

I read it in a day I was so enthralled (it was a fantastic excuse to ignore the mother in law too). I have to say I was more than a little sad when I reached the end :(