Classics said by the XC commentator

kirstyfk

Visit site
You can always tell when Hamish Lochore is getting a bit bored towards the end of the days XC as he comes out with some classic lines. His voices graced the air at his own event, Burgie, yesterday

1. Thank you all for coming up to Burgie today, where the ground is fantastic. So much better than any of the events down in England!

2. Now X has made a return to eventing after spending 4 years focusing on dressage, it hasn't really paid off as she got a horrendous score of 49.

And the best of the day.

3. X is going very slowly, slower that a fat lady trying to pass the donut stand.

Cue the rest of control shouting 'Haaaaammmmish!'

only_me

Visit site
grin.gif
he sounds like a legend!!
grin.gif

the commentator said yesterday:

"hope X rides as well as he dances" - refering to night antics at necarne CC1*
tongue.gif

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Hee hee, he sounds great!
smile.gif

Not particularly funny, but I always get to listen to them stumbling over how to say my surname as I am going round - really should be concentrating on what I am doing!!!
grin.gif

kirstyfk

Visit site
Hamish changes peoples names every he says them!

Another interesting fact about Hamish. He went the same pony club as I did (all be it about 40 years before me) one day my mum (who was PC sec.) and the DC came across a whole load of camp reports for years gone by. One stating that Hamish would never make any sort of rider. 10 years later he was at Badminton!

jules89

Visit site
hahahah!!!! brilliant stuff!
one today was

"oh dear, X has fallen off, could someone please catch the horse? Oh..that might be a problem, it's not wearing a bridle..."
smile.gif

kirstyfk

Visit site
As I said it was later in the day, when he gets a bit bored. You may have left by then.

Well done, you looked really good going over my fence. It was lovely to finally see Keats in the flesh
grin.gif

Britestar

Visit site
Hamish is great as a commentator.

As fences judges you try and make a little comment about each rider going over your fence, and the game is to see if he will repeat it on the commentary!

sw123

Visit site
My dad commentates quite a lot now - watch out people going to Oasby!! At Somerford last week i am SURE he said and X has done a good dump at fence 5. He swears he said jump.......

riaseed007

Visit site
toto, what novice fence were you at? The brushy wall or the U shaped brushy wall? For once I didn't get too many duff strides on the xc, I always feel bad when I make a mess of it and my poor pony has to sort us both out!

tiger_feet

Visit site
Love Hamish's commentaries. Unfortunately I 'allegedly' squeal so loudly when I'm going round my XC that I never hear what he has to say about me and Tiger! Then again maybe that's a blessing
laugh.gif
Hope he wasn't commenting on me being too slow!
wink.gif

Long may he continue!

Baileyhoss

Visit site
"3. X is going very slowly, slower that a fat lady trying to pass the donut stand."

He said that at Aswanley too, about poor Mark Ferrari. We were pi55ing ourselves!

Hamish is ace! I heard:

"and that can only be described as 'hairy'!"

and

very excited "oh, she's off, no she's not, she's hanging in there by the skin of her teeth" he sounded quite disappointed.

rara007

Visit site
In my limited XC experience ridden, the last fence was near the warm up area, so they warned people warming up when someone was coming. I had Rider coming, pony going very fast, pony ,missed out 2nd from last jump, coming faster cleared the wrong jump, rider still on, pony in warm up area, pony eating
tongue.gif

Foxfolly

Visit site
' And it looks like Louise is having problems containing Tiberius'

This was said as I hooned past the XC comentry box at Bishop Burton Novice with my head nearly touching his arse trying to slow him down, (he started tanking off at fence 3!) and then proceeded to nearly bounce a 1 stride combination second from last fence!!!