Clean hands!!

Archina

Visit site
I am sure i am not the only person who has the problem of getting your hands clean after being out with the horses, I am struggling to get the ingrained dirt off and my hands always look dirty :( I feel like a mink! lol

I hate gloves and they are annoying when doing the usual yard duties, have tried soaking my hands and using a nail brush, just doesnt seem to get it all!

Anyone have any good solutions? :)

nat_1

Visit site
Oh god i have the same problem.
I scrup with a nail brush before work but as i call it 'its tatoo'd in my hands' lol.
People at work take the pi$$ saying i have man hands lol!

Janette

Visit site
Either wear barrier-cream or gloves.(Disposable gloves are good) Put lots of hand cream on to keep the skin in good condition (prevents minute fissures in the skin where particles of mud can lodge and give that grubby look)

Prevention is the best cure.

bushbaby28

Visit site
Foot scrub!!!

seriously, its the only thing that works for me lol.

recently got engaged and hating showing the ring to people because it involves a big focus on looking at my hands!!!!

ThePony

Visit site
A good soak in the bath, nail brush and then a rinse in bleach if they are still mucky. Add gallons of handcream when done. Fortunatly I don't have to scrub up clean v often!

TigerTail

Visit site
Good grief what are you lot doing to get your hands THAT stained and dirty!?

I have horses living out and work on a dairy farm and mine come clean with carex soap and hot water.....

For poo picking/ picking out muddy feet I use disposable gloves, same for milking/calving etc Anything else is either bare or if cold wooly gloves!

Poppys_mum

Visit site
Soap and glory cleansing hand wash and then the soap and glory hand cream afterwards the hand cream keeps the dirt at bay for me too! So I put some on before going to the yard :)

Holly Hocks

Visit site
My hands are minging. I have washed and scrubbed them with a nailbrush three times this morning since I got back fro m the yard and they are still disgusting. It doesn't help that my hands are really dry and have minute cracks in them which appear to be filled with horse poo!

Arizahn

Visit site
I wear old scruffy woollen gloves for mucky jobs...still end up grubby though. TBH, I tend to wash them before preparing food/eating and not worry what they look like! Nothing wrong with a bit of good honest dirt under your nails.

jodie3

Visit site
My hands are horrible and very dry and I get lots of little splits too which really hurt!

I wear disposable gloves (thin latex ones or vinyl if you are allergic) all the time when I am outside and it really does help. I wear gloves over the top - cheap woolly ones or fingerless - and if they get wet it doesn't matter as your hands stay dry. I do get some odd looks sometimes though...........

I've tried lots of different hand creams and the best one for me is the Body Shop's hemp hand cream.

janel

Visit site
My hands are minging. I have washed and scrubbed them with a nailbrush three times this morning since I got back fro m the yard and they are still disgusting. It doesn't help that my hands are really dry and have minute cracks in them which appear to be filled with horse poo!

Ha Ha! I have these hands too.

MissMincePie&Brandy

Visit site
Good grief what are you lot doing to get your hands THAT stained and dirty!?

I did wonder that too :D

I have eczema on my hands, and have incredibly delicate and dry skin, so I have no choice but to always wear clean gloves at all times, throughout the whole year. For dry mild weather I have (literally) hundreds of pairs of woolly magic gloves. I bought them wholesale, and they work out at 12p a pair, so it doesn’t matter if they only last a couple of weeks, although they do wash well.
For colder weather I have leather, insulated Mark Todd’s, and for all wet jobs: soaking hay, scrubbing out bowls, washing legs, etc I have waterproof, neoprene sailing gloves, which are absolutely brilliant, very flexible and not at all bulky.

ofcourseyoucan

Visit site
for a fast deep clean and soften, wash and scrub well, dry then rub immac/hair removing cream into hands, wait 2 to 3 mins, and wash off! yes it does work. apply loads of handcream after!!

mulledwhine

Visit site
A mixture of haynet filling and purple spray, I can't get it out, I feel such a smeg

116175ca.jpg

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Elbow grease, scrub with nail brush after soaking in bath. There is a product called Gardener's Scrub, posh make. Basically crushed nut kernels or sand in a green sloppy paste, fab stuff. Swarfega (green industrial type cleaner but not harsh) might work.

My hands are awful, ingrained dirt came off after major scrub in bath then I slathered them in ridiculously rich hand cream.

**Vanner**

Visit site
Don't use e45 long term for dry hands it can make them worse. the use of moisturiser before the yard will help prevent dirt sticking but sometimes when skin is very dry it looks dirty. l'occitane hand cream is wonderful as is crabtree and evelyns gardeners stuff is also fab.

Waffles

Visit site
Haven't read all the replies so apologies if someone has said this already, but the only way I get to feel that my hands are really clean is if I wash my hair, kind of scratching my head whilst doing it. It's either that or making pastry!

Waffles

Visit site
and when my fingers get those horrid splits at the edge of the nail from being out in the cold and being all dirty, I use Hc45 which has hydrocortisone in it. It's good, but quite expensive.

Jenni_

www.facebook.com
My other half is a mechanic ( sorry - Diagnostic Technician *rolls eyes*) and he uses Swarfega OR fancy Snap-on abrasive cleaner which he gets from the snap on man although you could order it online I suppose. It's very good and gets all the horse muck out my hands. I use it more than him as he really gets his hands dirty these days. Would recommend it :)