Cleaning/picking up rubber mats

Luci07

Visit site
Just in case someone has a brilliant idea I haven't thought of. I am lucky enough to have pretty decent (solid and heavy) rubber matting in my box. I simply power washed everything when I moved in and painted..but this spring, I want the mats up to clean underneath. Cue a comic episode as I had assumed I could pull the mats around to get underneath. Pathetic. I could just about manage to lift a corner and I am not weak! Current thought is to approriate a friends spookily strong OH to help but thought I would check on here in case someone has any bright ideas. Mats have moved a little so I do want to clean under them.

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Get 2 G clamps on the end and use them as handles to drag about. Much easier than without and keeps your hands a bit more out of the filth!

_OC_

Visit site
I roll mine with rubber gloves on.....once in a roll tie with bailing twine( Borrow a friend to rest a leg in the middle section while doing this)....one just inside each end, then pull out and jet wash or hose stand them up right and allow to dry....by twining them there easy to move round....just a little idea :)

Carlosmum

Visit site
If you are on your own....
lay a piece of bale twine (thick is best) or an old lead rope/lungeline across the centre of the mat ( shortways) lift up & fold mat in half over the twine, grab either end of twine & drag out of stable, only works if door is wide enough though!

cowgirl16

Visit site
Get 2 G clamps on the end and use them as handles to drag about. Much easier than without and keeps your hands a bit more out of the filth!

Brilliant idea! My OH has always got loads of these things knocking about. I always enlist his help to move mine - they're b****y heavy! I'll go and have a rummage in the garage ....