Cleaver and Marigold for CPL

Kazza777

Visit site
Hi everyone!
I think my mare may have CPL and I've heard that cleaver and marigold is good to feed. She'd been having the Hilton Herbs version for a couple of years now, but it now seems to be at least twice the price of some others. Just wondering if anyone had tried other brands and if they're as effective?

Obviously I'll buy the Hilton Herbs Cleavers & Marigold again if theirs is the best, but don't want to be paying double if I don't need to!

Thank you :)

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Horse herbs?

£39.99 for 3kg.

Their stuff is pretty decent. I do swerve their hawthorn as it isn’t always chopped finely enough to shred the sharp bits, but I’ve not had any issues with any of their other products.

holeymoley

Visit site
I’ve bought from horse herbs before, they’re very good. Horse straight’s came up the other day though and appeared to be a few quid cheaper.

Equi

Visit site
It depends how fussy your horse is. I tried the Hilton herbs one and he ate it fine, I accidentally got the horse herbs one and he simply refused it as it was barely chopped up. I ended up selling it to another h&h member. I now use the Hilton herbs liquid one because when he suddenly decides he won’t eat it can be syringed in - but it’s definitely essential and something he will never be going without in future. The difference in his legs has been amazing. I would also suggest you add boswellia for inflammation and ensure you’re not feeding any alfalfa/carrots or soya if possible.

Kazza777

Visit site
It depends how fussy your horse is. I tried the Hilton herbs one and he ate it fine, I accidentally got the horse herbs one and he simply refused it as it was barely chopped up. I ended up selling it to another h&h member. I now use the Hilton herbs liquid one because when he suddenly decides he won’t eat it can be syringed in - but it’s definitely essential and something he will never be going without in future. The difference in his legs has been amazing. I would also suggest you add boswellia for inflammation and ensure you’re not feeding any alfalfa/carrots or soya if possible.
Mine seems to love it, so I don't think I'll have trouble with her eating it :D She used to have boswellia, but I don't think it was making any difference. We avoid alfalfa - and carrots as well, but I keep finding out that loads of people at the yard give her carrots :mad: After I go to the time and expense of getting her the healthiest treats possible to do her carrot stretches, and she ONLY gets treats to do carrot stretches- I don't know why people think it's ok to feed other peoples horses! :mad: