Cleobury PN on Ross- Aliens and Flying lessons...

worMy

www.katherinebegley.com
Well, first BE event on this horse. He is my brother’s horse, that mum hunts and team chases.
He is very talented, but so fickle, it either goes really well, or he won’t do anything, and e.g. refuses to jump.

So as I said when I was catching up with a friend when walking the course, ANYTHING could happen!

So, dressage, he is rather good at dressage, so I was going for a nice 20's test, but unfortunately, the arena was in a diff field to the warm up, and ALIENS were present!
So it was a bit, tense and OMG MUM ANOTHER ALIEN (no Ross, that’s mum with the camera *sigh*) but apparently it looked okay. I thought it felt rubbish. And major SACK the pilot. I had a bit of a blonde moment, and thought G was between X and where G actually is, so halted, then twigged and had to halt again. IDIOT ME! Anyway, we got 32. Aright (much better than I get with belv) but a bit disappointing as, well, a good test for him is well into the 20's. Ah well!

Show jumping, Well, I knew that we'd either go clear, or get E, as he is SOOOOOOOOO careful. But all was good, clear round, except nearly stopping at the planks where there were EVEN MORE ALIENS!--very very scary. You wouldn’t think he was 13- the pathetic squit!

Anyway, very pleased at this point, still on 32, thinking, finally can do well at BE. (Signed my soul to the devil by thinking this!!)

Warm up for XC, and CRIPES is he strong, galloping all over the place, so now worried about my brakes and if we will get out the start box (nappy horse). So just before I go over to the start we have a minor nap attack, but all good once over there, fly out, over one, does two beautifully, round to three, rail with tyres under, he sees AN ALIEN! Stops, circle, sees alien again, but jumps from halt, cue me all over the place, and also like poo no rosettes, SIGH! Kick on, flowers on next fence, more ALIENS, awful jump, so come round to five, he starts almost like he is going to nap, I whack him on the arse trying to get his act together. Then 6ab, awful over 6a. Flies 7 and 8. More aliens at 9- the hedge, actually got quite a nice photo here though! Round to 10, a rather large very upright drop palisade with steep slope afterwards. he is busy looking at the aliens by the intermediate skinny’s and not paying attention to the fence, sees it finally as he takes off, leaves a leg in a spectacular fashion, head goes down, back legs come flying up, I am totally ejected out the saddle and have flying lessons down the slope!!! Him being a cat somehow manages to stay on his feet (NO IDEA HOW!!
shocked.gif
) and he doesn’t trample me, very pleased! gather my hat silk, gather him, take him back up the hill to the jump and jump judge, get a leg up (takes a while and Ross is still in another land and very wild) then I retire. Stupid to go on, he was jumping so so badly, and didn’t want another accident!

So wander back to the start, after negotiating my way around a maize (all gaps in hedges seemed to have massive ditches in them!! haha)

I have to say BE are very efficient, as soon as we get back, some guy pulls up in a car--BE doctor come to check me out! haha! alls good, but no sympathy from my friends, all Louise can say is ''did you fall off then??!!'' in a really scarky voice! HAHA bless, well she had a good day.

so anyway, bloody typical, good dressage and SJ for once and then XC to pot.

so Ross= fab dressage and sj, crap xc
belv= rubbish dressage and sj, and awesome xc!

ah well, you never know, I might get it right one day!

so I am joining Emily (marymoo) with falling off!!!! and if you’re going to fall, do it in style!!!!

hedge photo- I have permission from pleasure prints
IMG_1208.jpg

one big SIGH from here

Cookies and baileys or wine if you got this far!!!!

MysteryGirl

Visit site
What a shame, there seem to be a lot of aliens about at the mo, how come they always seem to pick BE events to invade??? Nice pic, hope you're not too sore xx

Grey_Eventer

Visit site
bad luck... i fell off twice on friday, i think thats impressive! the second fall was in between the poles of a spread!
better luck next time- well done on dressage and SJing- 2/3rds there!!

diggerbez

Visit site
hope you have deep heat and radox ready for tomorrow morning?! bet you wish you could combine the two horses together- in fact aren't they both chestnuts?!!
wink.gif
tongue.gif

worMy

www.katherinebegley.com
[ QUOTE ]
hope you have deep heat and radox ready for tomorrow morning?! bet you wish you could combine the two horses together- in fact aren't they both chestnuts?!!
wink.gif
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

haha indeed they are
wink.gif

TableDancer

Visit site
Great report title - obviously I had to read didn't I, sensing a sisterhood thing going on
wink.gif
, oops at the XC but sounds like you're taking it the right way (not always easy after aliens/flying lessons, is it?
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
) Onwards and upwards, just think how blissful it's going to be next time you ride Belv XC
smile.gif

worMy

www.katherinebegley.com
[ QUOTE ]
Great report title - obviously I had to read didn't I, sensing a sisterhood thing going on
wink.gif
, oops at the XC but sounds like you're taking it the right way (not always easy after aliens/flying lessons, is it?
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
) Onwards and upwards, just think how blissful it's going to be next time you ride Belv XC
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA! love it!
and yeh, can't wait! he demorilises us sometimes, but we looove him XC! bless!