Clever Photo_Jo :)

TableDancer

Visit site
Clever Photo_Jo took these shots of miniTD and Dillon at Eland the other weekend - don't they look as though they are enjoying themselves?!

This was their last BE100 to qualify to go Novice; although they are both more than qualified independently, because miniTD is only 16 BE rules say they have to qualify jointly as well. MiniTD was pushing hard to ignore this and/or get accredited (as many of her friends have) as she is desperate to catch up with those who have been on horses for a while. However, mean Mummy/trainer that I am, I feel the rule is a good one and worth abiding by, better to get to know each other and make mistakes at a lower level rather than get found out when you step up too soon :rolleyes:

I have to say, I feel I was vindicated when they did finally step up to Novice at Hambleden last weekend, and achieved a lovely double clear (we'll gloss over the dressage on this occasion :D)

oldvic

Visit site
Mummy/trainer is absolutely right. It is far better to make a confident partnership through building a strong foundation. At 16 there is plenty of time to start at the beginning and use this year to get the mileage and experience to progress next year. As you say, it is a good rule written for the right reason.

DarkHorseB

Visit site
Super pics as ever from Jo!

When I saw the title though I thought it was going to be about her own sucess this weekend coming second in Kelsall Novice and being the leader after dressage :D Clever Photo_Jo indeed!

deskbound

Visit site
Lovely pics & well done at Hambleden - sorry to miss you, I was having a hectic 3 days one way or another so basically was completely antisocial on Saturday & just rode my pony! Where is MiniTD heading next? I'm considering a trip to Brand for a sleepover... ;) :D

TableDancer

Visit site
What super shots, glad to hear the partnership developing well :)

Thank you, they are indeed fab shots. And delighted to hear your girls are on the mend :)

Mummy/trainer is absolutely right. It is far better to make a confident partnership through building a strong foundation. At 16 there is plenty of time to start at the beginning and use this year to get the mileage and experience to progress next year. As you say, it is a good rule written for the right reason.

:D Thanks for the vote of confidence ;) it is interesting that I don't think the BE system picks up the kids who are ignoring this rule - either that, or someone has been mighty busy accrediting them all! Also, the one which says qualifying results on ponies don't count for horses, which I think is another sensible rule for reasons which are obvious to anyone who has anything to do with good eventing ponies ;) I guess the system doesn't look at heights when it checks results...

Another super pony (well plus a few inches)! MiniTD pilots them all so well :)

Thank you, you are very kind :)

VERY clever Photo_Jo. Super pics :)

:) :)

Great pics. Doesn't the horse look like he is having an absolute ball?

He does indeed, he loves it! In an ideal world, he might listen to his jockey fractionally more on occasion...

TableDancer

Visit site
Fab pictures! Pretty much every picture I have of Sov jumping he has a smiley face like that :)

I love smiley horses - Noffy always smiles when he jumos but dressage, er, not so much :rolleyes: but Dillon smiles pretty much all the time!

Dillon is cool!! :cool::cool:

Too cool for school :cool: :cool:

What cracking photos - impressed by photographer, horse and rider!!

Aww thanks lex :)

What Lex said, fab :D

And WB! :D

Super pics as ever from Jo!

When I saw the title though I thought it was going to be about her own sucess this weekend coming second in Kelsall Novice and being the leader after dressage :D Clever Photo_Jo indeed!

I hadn't seen that! Coo er, well done P_J!!

Great photos, I think Uptown Eventing have one of her as well on FB if you look on there.

Thanks, yes, we saw it - although he almost looks a bit cross it in that one - she gave him a couple of slaps down the shoulder on the turn to the log at the first water as it causes a lot of trouble, which was where that was taken, and he was outraged - said he was going all along!

Does photo-jo display her pics anywhere? I cant see any recent ones on her web site.

No idea I'm afraid, why don't you message her and ask?

Lovely pics & well done at Hambleden - sorry to miss you, I was having a hectic 3 days one way or another so basically was completely antisocial on Saturday & just rode my pony! Where is MiniTD heading next? I'm considering a trip to Brand for a sleepover... ;) :D

No worries, I think we drove out before you drove in as we left at 2.30pm to get home for a party! Bicton this weekend then a GCSE-related break... Although lucky miniTD is doing work experience with the BBC at Badminton, so not much revision going on that weekend either :rolleyes: She wants to go to Brand too, to hang out with pony-types...