Cliiping

truffles

Visit site
Depends on how much of a sweaty betty he becomes! What work is he in atm, and how much does he sweat?
I'd start off with a very small clip or something, and if he carries on sweating, try "up-grading" the clip.

good luck.
smile.gif
xxx

pottamus

Visit site
My 9 year old has never been clipped before either, so this will be his first year!!! I am starting off with a low neck and bib (chest) clip and see how we go. I would rather do that in the first go because it will only take 10 mins to clip and gives him a chance to get used to it without him getting bored and figety...so we can take more off later if needs be.

Hanz

Visit site
See what he is like with the lippers first, and it depends on how much work he does, how hairy he is and how much he sweats!

truffles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
well he will be competeing and hunting in the winter at the mo he is mainly schooling and jumping and is not too sweaty

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I would leave it until he starts that type of work, and see if he does get sweaty. If he is in medium/hard work, he probably will, but all horses are different!

frannieuk

Visit site
I would do a neck and belly to start with, then if he needed it I would probably go for a blanket clip - nice for youngsters I think!