Climatising pony to motorbikes

Niddlynoo

Visit site
As title says really. The yard I keep m daughters pony at has fairly good hacking, but the main track that feeds most other routes is a byway. At weekends and evenings this track is used quite heavily by trail bikes. The track is narrow and has hedges/ trees both sides so visibility is not good. There is no way of letting bikes know we are there and when they appear they often have headlights flashing. I am scared to let my daughters ride on this track as I feel it could terrify pony and lead to accidents. Am I being too soft/overprotective?

perfect11s

Visit site
As title says really. The yard I keep m daughters pony at has fairly good hacking, but the main track that feeds most other routes is a byway. At weekends and evenings this track is used quite heavily by trail bikes. The track is narrow and has hedges/ trees both sides so visibility is not good. There is no way of letting bikes know we are there and when they appear they often have headlights flashing. I am scared to let my daughters ride on this track as I feel it could terrify pony and lead to accidents. Am I being too soft/overprotective?
If its a byway and they are genuine trail riders,and not just kids on motocross bikes they should and most will slow or stop for her Hi vis would be a good idea so they can see her easly from a distance , has the pony seen the bikes before?? maybe you could ask one
of the guys to stop and let the pony see the bike and if a little spooked lead and let the pony follow the bike to get used to them....