Clinic report :)

mudmonkey17

Visit site
Well has been a long time since i could write a report on here. My ex racer mare has had 4 months of box rest with an inflammed suspensory. She was declared sound in the new year and given the go ahead to do more hacking and bring in the schooling. She has come back into work much suppler than before which i find odd but not complaining. Pyhsio gave her all clear.
We have been plugging away over last few weeks getting her fitter. This weekend i took her to a training clinic at the TRC and have come back with a massive smile.
I have lost a lot of confidence with her and been avoiding the canter as she been really spooky in the canter and spinnning etc.
Started each session of the clinic with some lunging where she did some really nice work and we worked on getting the rythym better as she tends to rush and get on forehand. Also lunged over poles which she loved bless her. She really loves her work and tries her hardest.
Once she had settled on lunge i rode her and she was amazing :) She has now softened and the outline much more consistent. Even started playing with moving her longer and lower then back to more of a test outline. This may not sound like much but this is my first horse that i have got working like this so am so chuffed. I have finally learnt to control the shoulder so that she doesnt feel like a roller skate and we had no spooks despite the scary arena mirrors :)
To top it all got a canter today which started to feel a lot more uphill and no spooks or spins. To be fair was only half a circle but a start and a big achievement towards getting over my canter phobia.
Bit of a pointless post but am so pleased with the little mare and not to sound too big headed by pleased with myself :)