Clip, Lesson and Vale View

Mickeymoo

Visit site
Hi, I thought I would tell you about my weekend. Saturday morning the boys were clipped, Shiney had from withers to belly - where his sweaty bits are and Mick had a hunter clip with the saddle patch off. ;)

Lesson - Got back to the yard at 1pm for my lesson, realised I only had a cotton numnah - I normally use a half pad when Mick is clipped.:( So decided may be best to lunge a little before my lesson.. Dark Knight arrived and observed for a while, then we unclipped Mick and I jumped on. Then, D_K decided he was going to give me a lunge lesson.. Yikes,:eek: I knew what was coming.. So Mick and I decided to canter away from DK so he couldn't catch us! OMG, Mick goes into full bronc and D_K falls about laughing..:eek::eek::eek: Survived the rodeo show and to cut a long story short, I am the most unsupple person in the world and it showed..:(

Got up Sunday morning and the old body is a bit wobbly, toddle off the Vale View to do the Arena Eventing 85cm class. Got there in good time to learn the course before walking it as last week it was rather complex.:confused: Popped on Mick and he was a very responsive and jumping well but I just didn't feel in balance. Did lots of warm up and did some lovely jumps, then off I went.

Show jumps, had a pole at no4 which was an oxer with 4 strides to a double. John Steels said I overshot the turn, so I missed the stride. I decided to push on in the xc section and did some nifty pony turns..hehe,:) but there was a jump that was on my mind, and hey ho we had a stop. :eek: But we were really pleased again with Mick. Its all going well even though I still felt wobbly and unbalanced over most of the course but after looking at my photos I looked better than I had felt.:confused::confused: I think the moral of the story is, don't have a lunge lesson the day before a comp and expect the old legs not to wobble. ;);)

Was really nice to meet Nikki (Baydale) who I watched jump the 1 meter class I think it was, and I would love one day to sit as well as her.:D

I have put a pic below, sorry about the quality but its a photo off the photo I bought.

We are wondering, should I go for the metre class next time and then drop back to the 85? I have a lesson with John Steels tomorrow on one of VV's horses, so we will see what he does with me! I am hoping he will push me onto the next level. :cool:

Next stop Eland in 3 weeks for the 90cm Arena Ev.

thanks for reading, White choc chip cookies alround - Co-op ones though, nothing home made in this house. :D:D:D

ValeViewNov2010002.jpg

alwaysbroke

Visit site
Great report MM:D

Sorry D_K made you suffer, he didnt tell me about the bronc, just said Mick and him enjoyed the lesson;)

Pic looks fab and pleased to hear you are enjoying your lad so much:)

Baydale

Visit site
Great report, MickeyMoo, and was good to meet you too. You certainly looked like you were on a mission when you came flying out of the arena heading for the steps. ;):D I think I was much more wobbly than you were so you can't have been watching very closely.:rolleyes: I didn't think the 1m class was up to height, so I'm sure you'd be fine doing that next time. :)

Mickeymoo

Visit site
Thanks for all your positive vibes, I have spent a lot of time this year working on my riding and confidence.

AB, don't suppose D_K told you he was flicking the lunge whip either.. eh!! Yes, Mick is certainly the one. Love him to bits.

Baydale, after I had 1 down in the sj I thought I would try for a fast 4 faults. But I let the corner jump get to me and had a silly stop. damm.. Thanks for the tip on the metre class too.

Can't wait till next time. xx