Clip on skull cap hat cam?

pootler

Visit site
I remember reading about a hat cam that clipped on to a jockey skull cap. It was kind of like a plastic alice band that had a camera on it. It clipped to the front of the skull cap just beneath the hat cover. It was unobtrusive and I think it would not cause a problem in the event of a rider fall. I've tried to Google it but can't find it. I think I might have originally seen it on Eventingnation.com.

Can anyone help me find it please?

Shay

Visit site
A number of sports cameras have hat options - I suspect you are thinking of the GoPro. Do be careful about attaching anything to your hat - and be aware that all HatCams are banned on safety grounds from BE, RC and PC events at the moment. We use a Muvi Camera (initially because they were cheaper!) clipped to the BP rather than the hat. With an expansion card it has 8 hours of recording time and the view doesn't swing as wildly as a hat cam can. You need to experiment a bit to get the placing right; but once you do it is fine.

its_noodles

Visit site
I am thinking about getting a helmet cam too. I also think it would be safer to attach it to the BP rather than the helmet - but then I want to record where I am looking...
:)

Shay

Visit site
If you clip to the front where the zip and flap is (or would be if you have a side fastener) on the mid line then the camera shows what you are pointing your body at - which is usually where you are going. We found it was actually more accurate than a head cam because you glance at loads of stuff when you are riding - often quite quickly. Think of swinging your head to look at a sudden noise, or to check for a car, a low branch etc. Looking down at your hands. Finding out what the time is.... The fast swinging can make a viewer nauseous! HatCam footage works better when you are competing as you look in a straight line. But very few events will allow you to wear a camera now.