Clipper advice. . .

Flint12

Visit site
Im looking to buy a pair of clippers as im having to spend £30 every 4-5 weeks to get my lad clipped (he is clipped all year round) and i cant afford to keep doing this anymore.

I have looked at the LIVERYMAN HARMONY MAINS CLIPPERS. Has anyone got these and what do you think? i read something saying that they are not suitable for hairy horses and then something saying they are suitable for heavey duty clipping, i have a fairly hairy lad, and i do have to clip legs, so im a little confused.

Any other reccomendations or makes/models to stay away from?

Would second hand clippers be worth looking at, or best not to go there?

I have never bought a pair of clippers so any advice would be super
laugh.gif

Thanks
laugh.gif

toomanyhorses26

Visit site
We have a pair of lister star clippers to do all our yak type ponies
smile.gif
in our riding school and they cope really well - blades last forever and they don't over heat so we can do two or three ponies in quite quick succession and are really lightweight as well

Flint12

Visit site
The reason i like the look of the Liveryman harmonys is probably due to the price of the mains ones. But if they wont cope with a relative amount of fluff then prob not worth buying them. . .hmmm

Shall keep looking

thanks
smile.gif

TheEngineer

Visit site
Harmony a bit "light duty" for hairy lad. Lister Star, Wolseley Swift, Heinegar Handy, all good reasonable price "full size machines". I would stay well clear of second hand machines, every year I see stuff turn up on e bay, being knowingly sold by people as "in good condition", that blatantly isnt. Spend your money wisely in the first instance and it will pay dividends long term.

JenTaz

Visit site
i have just bought a pair of lister stars as both of mines are really hairy if left to long and in my opinion they are amazing my boy got clipped last year at college and had to be sedated and i managed to clip him with a haynet this year
laugh.gif
they have a low vibration and they are light enough to hold and they are smallish so you can get in and out off all the wee finicky bit