Clipper blades

piaffe

Visit site
I have a pair of clippers, REALLY old
grin.gif
Cannot remember the make but am sure they begin with "W" woolsley or i might be making that up.

There is a tooth missing on one of the blades, would it be a stupid idea to use them? Im not sure if i can get replacements as they are so old. will have to dig them out to find the make.
blush.gif

ETS, Im guessing, with a broken tooth, they can cut the skin? No idea as not done it b4
blush.gif

airedale

Visit site
It won't cost much to get a set of replacement blades - try Townfields Saddlers - they do mail order and are very good, prompt and have been around long enough to cope with older clippers (I just got some blades from them for a set of Rex Mosers I bought from them about 15 years ago)

However, if the clippers are old please make sure you use a circuit breaker (as in that thing for electric lawn mowers) and also wear rubber soled boots when you clip - just in case

piaffe

Visit site
Yeh I have a circut breaker (not that silly
blush.gif
). What i was worried about is the fact they are so old, and possibly no longer being made, would that mean i wouldnt be able to get the blades? or do one fit many?
confused.gif

nicnag

Visit site
You'll get Wolsley blades easily enough. I have three sets of clippers all wolsley - one set is 3 years old, another is 3 days old! and the last set approx 15 years old - same blades fit them all! If in doubt take your old blades with you to an agricultural merchants and check them against other wolsley blades (won't matter if they are coarse cattle blades or horse blades) it will give you an idea whether they are the same type or not!