clipper happy!!

pagancluf

Visit site
I know you've all done clipping for years etc - but I'm a new mum on the block and have had a wonderful hairy day today...sorry if this is boring to you old hands out there!
Had a pony sedated and wanted a full clip so I sed "I'll do it" as YO could'nt be botherecd to turn up!?! - really enjoyed myself - you seem to go into a trance don't you?!
Well that was it then - looked over at my boy and thought - Why not? So attempted to do a trace clip on him and if I had even turned the clippers on next to him last year he would have bolted - this year he looked at me - I smiled at him (grimaced and sed yes u r!) and gently got cracking. He was ace!! - apart from the poll area - but am thinking of riding him in a wooly hat to cover this? Sad post I know but when the
laugh.gif
horse I loved last year - did'nt love or trust me
crazy.gif
- to letting me actually do a small clip this year - well I'm dead made up.
grin.gif

sevenoceans

Visit site
My old mare used to fight everything from twitch to doubled dosed sedation i never managed to clip her head!! always had odd clip which consits wooly head and legs... boy she looks like a poodle!!

My current horse goes to sleep and snores... he loves being clipped...

pagancluf

Visit site
Hi SSM ! only clippped Cluf as no time or spare blades for Bones but he aparantly goes to sleep! He had teeth done y'day and had to be sedated - OMG thought he was going to have a fit as twitching like mad
confused.gif
- then sweated loads after came round
frown.gif
, but sed if left longer then would have had ulcers - poor boy. Never been done in 6 yrs!?!?! No luck clipping with TSD?