Clipper help please

gentle_giant

Visit site
Ive never had a horse I needed to clip, so I dont have any clippers!

However my new horse is very hairy and needs to be clipped, gets sweaty even after a 20min hack walking, espec as he is unfit.
So I need to invest in some clippers, I wont be doing full clips but I want clippers good enough to get through his very thick coat.

However I dont want to spend a fortune as I will only be using them on one horse, Ive looked in various catalogues but there is so much selection, can anyone suggest some that might suit my needs?

Law

Visit site
Do you mind if it is mains or must it be cordless?
I've got Wahl Artiko ones and I really like them - there were other wahl ones that were around the £60 mark and they sound like they might do the job for what you want. If you use the search function and type in clippers you should get a few posts that might help. I found a few posts on here before I bought mine.

Law

Visit site
The corldess Avalons are the same clippers as the mains artiko version. It's just that one is cordless and the other is not. Same clippers though
smile.gif
(I love mine)

MillionDollar

Visit site
The Premier 3000 are the best clippers you can get and they're great value. They are heavy duty clippers for the price of medium duty ones, they take Lister blades and they're just great. Quiet, lightweight but powerful. I clipped my very very hairy Welsh the other day with no problems-

Premier 3000 Clippers from Farmcare UK

Oh and the company i got them from, Farmcare UK are fantastic too, i ordered them on a Friday at 4pm they arrived the next day, saturday at 9am!!!
BTW i swapped the blades for Lister Fine blades for an extra £7.