Clipper recommendations please!

BronsonNutter

Visit site
Need some advice from those much more knowledgable than me with technical things!

I'm looking at getting some 'proper' clippers to do my horse with (+ potentially a few others on the yard, if required), as I am fed up of doing full clips with a pair of trimmers as it just takes so long :eek: (Plus the trimmers are not faring too well from this)

Horse is not bothered about the noise, I'm not fussed about the weight of them and they needn't be cordless. I don't want to spend masses, but equally I don't want something that will break!

I've seen the Lister Star clippers on a reasonable offer somewhere - does anyone have any experience with these? Or any other make?

Liesel

Visit site
I have a pair of Heiniger Progress and cant fault them. Im a one horse owner but have clipped friend's horses as a favour and they have been great.

Saying that I did originally set out to buy the Heiniger Handy model but the local shop didnt have any on the day I needed them and being want them today kinda girl I bought the Progress instead. I cant fault them but after borrowing a pair of Handy whilst mine were being serviced if I had my buying time again i would plump for the Handy.

Progress were around £220 at the time (I have mine had mine about 3 yrs) and the Handy around £250-£270 at the time.

I have never clipped with any other makes but from posts on HHO Lister and Woseley get good reviews.

Hope this helps.

Lotty

Visit site
I've had my Hauptner 2000 clippers for 8 years now and they've never let me down..runs totouchwood :) They aren't too noisy and they are slim so fit nicely in my small hand. Think they have updated this version now.

BronsonNutter

Visit site
Thanks both! Have only heard good things about Heinegar and Haupner, just they are that bit more expensive usually and would have to order them online...

I've been offered a pair of almost-new Liveryman Arena Plus clippers from a fellow livery (she wants cordless ones for her horse, but mine doesn't care so no probs for me) at a very good price - think I will get these unless they are absolutely useless? Anyone have any experience with them?

Montmorency

Visit site
Don't know about the Liveryman clippers, but if you decide to go with Hauptner 2000 I've got a pair I want to sell. Only clipped 2 horses since they were bought and have been serviced since.
Thought it would be a good idea to get some but have discovered I HATE getting covered in hair so would rather pay someone to do it!!
Pm me if you want details.

magicgirl

Visit site
I hired some Liveryman Arena Plus clippers which had done a lot of work and I hadn't clipped for years. I had to clip two ponies for their first time. The clippers were fantastic and I would highly recommend them.

HardySoul1

Visit site
Love my Lister Liberty cordless ones. I had Lister Neons for years before that, sold them to one of the liveries on your yard when I stopped having regular access to mains power. Can show you my Liberty next time I'm there? Just ask Humbug's owner to ask her sister!