Clippers advice

unicorndreams

Visit site
What clippers would you recommend for keeping a mane hogged and trimming the feathers off? I don't want to do a full clip (will leave that to someone who can do a neater job than me!) but just want to keep him tidy. Can you get ones with the 'combs' like gents clippers have? I don't really want to take feathers off so short, want to leave some hair on as protection, just shorten off a bit. Oh and they need to be rechargeable/cordless as we have no power at the stables!

SSM

Visit site
I have the Whal Avalon cordless clippers and love them - would not be suitable for more than one horse - but you can do all your own clipping and save money!!!!!!

jacks_mum

Visit site
I have the Wahl Stable-Pro clippers which are perfect and would suit what you want. I keep my CB and my Mini Shetland fully clipped through the winter with them.

Full points to Wahl so far then.

lizzieuk1

Visit site
i have the liveryman whisper battery clippers, you can use them on mains or with the battery, charges in 2 hours and lasts about 2-3 hours, came with large and small blades and i have blanket clipped my irish boy 3 times so far and our shetland-v hairy, with a belly clip, they've been v good and are nice and quiet.