Clippers - advice!

MikB

Visit site
Hi!

This is my first year of owning my 8-year old TB x ISH mare. The time is coming where she needs to be clipped and I am considering buying my own clippers. Can you recommend brands, models etc that in your experience are good? I know that there are cordless options etc, but to be honest I just want to invest in some that are going to last. Also, any advice on how to clip would be great! I have helped my yard manager in the past, but have never clipped my own horse (who is very relaxed with it).

Many thanks!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I have Heiniger progress they are light and quiet and I find them so easy to use, have had them about 15 years and there still going strong never had any problems.

Wear overalls the hair gets everywhere make sure your horse is clean, might be worth getting someone to help you do around the legs and the more difficult bits if your not used to it, the only way you learn to clip is to do it!

What sort of clip ate you doing?

MikB

Visit site
Thanks! Can you tell me what the different kinds of clip are? I know that you don’t have to do a full clip, but more info would be great 😊