clippers and meths a quesiton

ajb

Visit site
I recall seeing a post about running clippers in meths to keep them cool?? how is this done-sorry being thick here-but my lad is very skin senstive and hates being clipped as I think the clippers get a bit too hot.I clean them and they are serviced etc but just wondered if this would help but how do you do this-do you just keep a pot to one side and literally run the clippers in it??? sorry being dim but thought would ask!!!

S_N

Visit site
Pour some meths ( a few inches) into a bucket and with the clippers running, put the ONLY the blades in the meths. Only take a few seconds - make sure the blades don't actually touch the bucket though! Take them out, turn off, keeping them tilted to the side, so excess meths runs off them easily. Dry them briefly with an old cloth/tea towel, re-apply some oil and carry on clipping
grin.gif
Hope that makes sense!!

pagancluf

Visit site
We use surgical spirits at University to do loads of horses in one go - really works as 15 seconds in a bowl of spirits really gets them cool! When the lecturer first asked me to do it - it thought she was trying to get me electrocuted!!!