Clipping anomaly

do you find the bloke in my avatar a bit scary?

• Total voters

S_N

Visit site
All these posts on clipping and turning out and rugs etc and the talk seems to be of 'Full Clips'. What is meant by a full clip in your opinion?

S_N

Visit site
Ahhh yes the good old saddle patch - from the days when numnahs weren;t in much use. Don't see the point in a saddle patch now, just takes ages to dry off!

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
Pretty much the same as Kat B but with the full clip I always leave a half pad shape on their backs and a 'v' above the tail but everything else goes
laugh.gif

Kat
xx

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
To me a full clip is when you have buggered up all your lines, the horse is being a pain and you have lost your rag.
A hunter is when you start to try a blanket but you keep buggering up your lines and it gets smaller and smaller.
A blanket is when you forget you were doing a high trace clip and clip too high, bugger up your lines get really annoyed and cannot be bothered to do any more.

helenandshadow

Visit site
full clip is everything off except a v above the tail
hunter clip is everything off except a v above the tail, saddle patch, legs and half the head.

my mare has a hunter but without the saddle patch

LEC

Visit site
My little 14hh pony many years ago started having a trace clip - my mother ballsed it up and then moved onto the blanket and then ballsed that up so my little pony was going to PC rallys with a full hunter clip! I speak from the voice of experience!
grin.gif

Patches

Visit site
I can't say anything....I tried to give my daughter's pony a blanket clip last year and cocked that up. She had a hunter clip too!

I've had a fabby tip off Druid to use lipstick to mark the lines on greys. This year Patches has had a half decent blanket clip and Tweenie is awaiting her turn with the clippers!

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
To me a full clip is when you have buggered up all your lines, the horse is being a pain and you have lost your rag.
A hunter is when you start to try a blanket but you keep buggering up your lines and it gets smaller and smaller.
A blanket is when you forget you were doing a high trace clip and clip too high, bugger up your lines get really annoyed and cannot be bothered to do any more.

[/ QUOTE ]

RAOTFLMFAO!!!! Love it - SO true
grin.gif

LEC

Visit site
I did feel very cool at PC when most people just had throat neck and stomachs. I also got to wear rugs on him which is a childs dream to be able to ponce around and look grown up!

peapod

Visit site
God knows what sort of clip Sonny will end up with then - I intend to take it all off except his whole head, legs, and his line of belly hair!

Clodagh

Visit site
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif

So true. I leave the saddle patch on with a hunter as on my cob the saddle slipped if he was clipped out? Was I dreaming do you think??
crazy.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
I clipped the saddle patch once - never again, my saddle had a life of its own - one minute on its ears the next its bum.

Zebedee

Visit site
Agree with Kat Bs answer, apart from when you're clipping out for the show-ring when you don't leave the V above the tail.