clipping charges?

serena2005

Visit site
well i saw a 4 year old price list from a very expensive yard and a full clip was £35, so i thought they must have gone up since then so i was thinking £35 for a full clip and £25 for a blanket.

is that resonable?
the horses ill be clipping are, a 16.3 ID and 2 very hairy native types... all asking for full clips, tyring to convice one to have a blanket clip as she only rides a few times a week, and his hair will knacker my clippers!!

serena2005

Visit site
i havent got any recent clipping pics, but i am a bit of a perfectionsit and do a blanket clip every year on my lad... including several others usually, so lines are pretty straight!

thanks for the help!

clipertyplop

Visit site
think about the time it takes, plus ware and tear on your clippers and having blades resharpend £25 is cheep i hate clipping you can come and do mine for that
wink.gif

cariadssogreat

Visit site
I charge £10 for a bib , £25 trace/chaser, £30 for a blanket and £35 for a full. I do drop my prices for more than one horse and for small ponies. Theses are my prices regardless of travel as I cover Dorset/Hants/Wilts and Somerset.

I know I am not the dearest but obviously not as cheap as a mate doing it.

Vicky7041

Visit site
I have just paid (the first time ever that I haven't done it myself, it was a luxary!) £25 for a full clip on a 13.2hh pony. I think its normally £30 for a full clip on a horse, and £25 for a blanket £20 for a trace. Hope that helps.

CJ1

Visit site
i just paid £25 for a blanket clip off a BHSAI. She was fab, took over an hour and even did his whiskers.

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
i just paid £25 for a blanket clip off a BHSAI. She was fab, took over an hour and even did his whiskers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does the fact that she's an AI make a difference to her ability to clip a horse then
tongue.gif

Rambo

Visit site
Hmmm...hadn't thought of that !

What is she insured for exactly ? I understand that she'd be covered to teach other people to ride, but what about if she (or any of us for that matter !) 'damages' a horse whilst clipping ?

CJ1

Visit site
i was thinking more under the 3rd party, incase he kicked her head and therefore she couldn't claim off me for having a bad horse. Altho he wa a gem and stood stock still, until she got to his man parts, then it tickled! heehee

burtie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
What is she insured for exactly ? I understand that she'd be covered to teach other people to ride, but what about if she (or any of us for that matter !) 'damages' a horse whilst clipping ?

[/ QUOTE ]

My insurance for Freelance Liability cover was extended to include "Care and control". Most instructors would add this, but they don't have too. It covered grooming, clipping, excercising etc, etc.

Also just because someone is a BHSAI does not automatically mean they are insured at all!

serena2005

Visit site
the way i see it is that blades cost £25 and so thats £10 for doing it... im clipping friends horses and even if one did kick me in the head, i wouldnt claim off them!!

im not going into business or anything!

burtie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
the way i see it is that blades cost £25 and so thats £10 for doing it... im clipping friends horses and even if one did kick me in the head, i wouldnt claim off them!!

[/ QUOTE ]

No but if you damaged the horse in any way, either simple by making it sore or electrocuting it (it has happened) then they may try to claim from you. If you only do friends then hopefully it would never come to that, but in this suing day and age some sort of liability insurance is needed for any activity, especially if you charge for it.
frown.gif