Clipping help!

cornwallexracers

Visit site
Last year I bought myself a set of clippers, with 3 horses it was costing nearly as much to pay someone else to do it.

Anyway, last time I clipped (had done 3 full clips and 3 re-clips) I noticed the blades not cutting as well as they should so sent them off to be sharpened with another set that I used last year (did the same amount of clipping) and forgot to get resharpened last spring.

So I sent both sets off at the beginning of Jan to be sharpened, went to clip this morning and neither set are seeming any better than when I sent them away, not having a great deal of experience clipping myself, but shouldn't they be cutting like new? They were sent back to the manufacturer which I assumed was the best place to send them, and having dispatched father off to the local tack shop to pick up a new set for me (wasn't going to have a patchwork horse) I can confirm its not the clippers themselves because the new ones cut fine.

Not sure what to do about the two sets that aren't working, would it be worth sending them somewhere else or back to the original place to look at?

Any advice gratefully received! :)