Clipping horse early

MrsMurs

Visit site
Hi there
I’ve noticed my horse is very Woolley already. Normally we have a full clip in October time, but with the current weather he’s sweating up just stood in the field.
Is it too early to clip? We have a ode end of month and I’m not sure how comfortable he’s going to be unclipped ! Also, he’s a heavier Irish breed so does grow quite Woolley over the winter.

would anyone clip now or is it best to wait until the winter coat is through?
Many thanks in advance

Celtic Fringe

Visit site
The little hairy one was last clipped about 10 days ago. He gets clipped all year round as otherwise he is far too warm and gets uncomfortable. His ideal temperature is anything below 10 degrees centigrade! He lives out and is just in a fly rug at the moment.

P.forpony

Visit site
Mine was fully clipped 1st week in August.
About a month earlier than usual and desperately needs doing again now, it’s grown through so fast you can’t even tell where her saddle patch was.
My least favourite thing to do and it looks like this winter is going to be nothing but clip oil sharpen and repeat! ?

Leandy

Visit site
You can clip whenever you want but if the winter coat isn't largely through you will need to clip about every two weeks until it is. I try to leave it to well into October usually for that reason but if you can put up with clipping frequently then crack on.

Greylegs

Visit site
Mine was a bit sweaty after a very sedate hack yesterday. Might be time to consider it I think (but it's got a bit warm ...)

Wizpop

Visit site
I always go for the comfort of my horse. It horse would benefit from a clip then clip x
Totally agree with this. I had a heavy coated horse that I clipped all year round, otherwise he would have been far to hot to do much. Always about the horse?