clipping - how often??

_daisy_

Visit site
can i just ask how often everyone is clipping their horses.
confused.gif

Clipped 2 of mine at the end of October and theyve had 3 clips now in total.
Last clipped them just over 2 weeks ago and they are both ready again to do.
shocked.gif

So how often is everyone clipping?

BBs

Visit site
Yep horses are on their 3rd clip, should have been 4th but ive hung on to do it over xmas instead!

Bertie my old boy is losing his fur atm, i expect due to the warm weather recently! guess hes hanging onto it now lol

But shall be whipping it all off snoop and winnie come saturday
crazy.gif

_daisy_

Visit site
well theyre both going out on Boxing Day so havent decided whether to clip them tomorrow when Im off or on Saturday.
just cant believe it. Dont think ive ever clipped so many times before Christmas. BUT it also might be because these 2 love being clipped whereas Ebi is a t**t to clip so used to clip her for opening meet then hold off till end of January and that used to see her through

Tempi

Visit site
well i only got Archie in october and he was a woolley mamouth then!! I clipped him fully two weeks after i got him, then i clipped him again last friday. He'l probably have another two clips i should think.

Bloss has had two already aswell. She will only have one more clip tho as she has to be fully sedated.

vicm2509

Visit site
Baron has had 2. First was mid october but he was really fluffy before I did it again as I didnt have my own clippers and felt cheeky asking to borrow some again. His second was done about 4 weeks ago and hasnt really grown back at all. I expect to do him again mid to end of Jan.

In an ideal world he would be done more often but we do not have a power point near my stable so I have to do it outside which means I have to wait for a day with no rain or wind
frown.gif

K9Wendy

Visit site
I suppose the number of times you clip is in relation to how well behaved the horse is to clip. I just can't imagine clipping a horse that needs sedation 5 times, but Bee just stands and sleeps otherwise we'd make do with once or twice!

RunToEarth

Visit site
Well yes, another reason for me clipping so often is so that Oshk is more chilled with them, he used to be a bugger, now I do him alone, no sedation without being tied up, and he is an angel, so in a way clipping him more often is better.

Skhosu

Visit site
Just to make you jealous, out of 5 2 are on their first clips, one hairy monster and two who don't 'do' winter coats so not clipped!

Law

Visit site
Mine will get done for the second time if I manage to get clippers on the weekend. Other horse on the yard has been done twice so far.

icemaiden113

Visit site
Clipping my 4 every 2 weeks at least! One of em is now only going 10 days!! And they all have at least 3 rugs on! But as they are hunt horses they have to look perfect no matter what! Clip my big grey all year round anyway!