Clipping wet and meths

Dreckly

Visit site
I saw a FB post recently on clipping where people were talking about wet clipping and also using meths to cool down blades is what it seemed like. I wasn't able to post on the thread so could not get clarification. Can anyone enlighten me please?

Pinkvboots

Visit site
The blades struggle even on a damp coat so can't see how they can cut wet hair, if blades get too hot there is normally a reason usually the tension is not right, I personally am not a fan of dipping them in some sort of liquid, I would just change them and put a new set on maybe it's old fashioned but that's what I know.

AML

Visit site
Can't help with clipping wet, but i always run the clippers through meths. Instant cooling and then re-oil and away you go. At the end of a clip I loosen tension and run through meths to help remove loose hair and clean.

turkana

Visit site
Can't help with clipping wet, but i always run the clippers through meths. Instant cooling and then re-oil and away you go. At the end of a clip I loosen tension and run through meths to help remove loose hair and clean.
Me too, I do this, it cools the blades down & any hairs caught between the blades also come straight out.

Dreckly

Visit site

That's interesting thank you