clipping, would you?

_jetset_

Visit site
It depends on the horse... I have never personally done it, although have known people who do. One horse I would do it on would be my mare when she is retired (long time off yet).

This year, because she is in foal, she has been left to grow a coat. She gets quite warm at night in her stable, and can get a bit aggitated by it (gets itchy and cross). When she is retired (she is only 10) I think she will require clipping to keep her happy and allow me to rug her up so as she is not getting cold joints etc.

The Virgin Dubble

Visit site
No, certainly not.

I don't even shave my legs or bikini line in winter if I can help it!
shocked.gif

Nothing like my self grown furry legwarmers and furry hotpants to keep the chill out eh?
wink.gif

Weezy

Visit site
NO I WOULD NOT
mad.gif

I have been asked THREE times today when I am clipping! Errrrr I came back from an hour's hack with only slight girth sweat, I jumped and schooled on Sat and had minimal sweat - why WOULD I clip?!

Theresa_F

Visit site
I do tend to full clip my cobs out at the end of February to have nice summer show coats for April.

If I don't do this, I still have very hairy beasts to the end of May moulting everywhere.

I also find they are happier for it, as they don't stand sweating on a warm April day.

I do clip out my boys even though they are in light work as they get hot even with 10 minutes walk. Cairo has a blanket clip but with the hind quarters left on and Chancer has a chaser clip as he is only long reining and doing a little work on a lunge line - but he will be dripping after a short session of walk and trot. I also exercise late in the evenings and have to have a dry horse before I leave which is not possible with them in their full woolies.

Chex

Visit site
Nope, if you'd seen my clipping skills you'd know why lol. Only clip if horsey is getting too warm when ridden as a general rule

Sal_E

Visit site
Assuming this is a RL scenario, you may want to remind the said person that the appearance will go unnoticed! I mean, if it's not being ridden, surely it will have rugs on all the time!

PaddyMonty

Visit site
No. Only clip when necessary for horses welfare.

And ladies.....please remember there are some sensitive males on this board. Sometimes you give just a little too much information.

Oh the images, out damned image, out.