Close to a year since......

JaneMBE

Visit site
....... my beautiful boy was attacked.......
When I let Eric go, Tracy, my bestest friend ever, made this wonderful display for me, which takes pride of place in my lounge. Thought I would share it and the very heartfelt verse she wrote. Excuse the tears on this post, it breaks me up everytime I read it.

boss 006.jpg

boss 003.jpg

boss 005.jpg

JaneMBE

Visit site
:nods: yeh. Everyone told her she shouldn't, it was just a couple of days afterwards. But she knows me so well and knew it was the right thing to do.
I should really have put this in gallery, I just hit the wrong forum button, sorry. Maybe admin can move it over.

I have a lot of his tail, it's still sitting where I left it when I cut it, no idea what to do with it!
What does everyone else do with mementos liek that? Obviously there is some in the collage, but I have a shoe also which needs to be put somewhere
smile.gif

Bess

Visit site
You see ads sometimes for horsehair jewellry (sp?), maybe you could get something made from it eg a bracelet?

JaneMBE

Visit site
In October last year, Eric was mauled by a dog on his hock. It was infected and very deep.
I flushed it daily, gave him his meds etc and come December he seemed to have picked up, so was turned out to get the leg moving.
When I brought him back in in Jan, he bashed it in the stable and the leg swelled up to his rump, it was agonising.
Vet treated him almost daily, but things just didn't improve.
Eventually, the infection spread through his body, basically eating him alive
frown.gif

I let him go in March this year.
His diary tells the story, but it is extremely tough reading, I wrote it as I was feeling. Link below in sig.
Still bloody tough, and I haven't really ridden much since it happened, no horse can match him.

whispersltd

www.whisperslimited.com
am so sorry, it really hurts and takes time to get over losing them, i have lost a few over the years all rescued ponys, my son got me a mother of pearl pendent which i keep a single strand in of each horse. i met a lady at a local show who makes Jewelry out of horse hair, i have her number if you want to PM me for it?

flyingfeet

Visit site
I hope you found the dog - too many people let theirs roam about. A german shepherd was shot recent near us - the owner (also a land lord of a well known pub) used to just let them out for the day.

The GS was ripping sheep to bits and after several warnings the farmer finally shot it.

Sorry for your loss - we lost one in an Ifor Williams trailer accident; nothing worse than losing a good horse.