Coal board and subsidence

carthorse

Has anyone any experience , our neighbour had cracks appear in her lovely house and her insurance started to monitor the land. The chap asked if he could come on our land to see a larger picture of how things were going . I mentioned that we had a crack starting in our stable floor , this was in the summer and each week the ground was monitored and it was dropping, our crack travelled right across the stable, I can't see if it is in the next stable as we have a stable matress down in there.
I sent a letter and filled in a form , they have told us that they are mining directly under us and will be coming to see the damage in the new year. I don't have an insurance company to sort mine out, has anyone had any thing like this and what happened.
Thanks

Mithras

I would seek legal advice from a solicitor before filling in any form of the party you might be claiming against! Having mining near your property will also make it very hard to sell as it is a standard question asked.

carthorse

I only have a field and wooden stables on a concrete base and an arena, obviously next door is a house which a friend lives in. Just wondered if they repaired things or offer compensation really