cob at the paras

kiritiger

Visit site
Yes, I did! The mare is called Barilla and is ridden by a Belgian rider called Barbara Minneci. I saw their individual test and their freestyle and both were really good, accurate tests and the freestyle was imaginitive and looked fairly difficult from what I can remember.

In the team test she got 68.571 (5th)
In the individual test she got 70.095 (8th)
In the freestyle she got 73.100 (6th)

ETA: She also rides sidesaddle :)

Here's a pic - [Content removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

iAMASHOWJUMPER

Visit site
i was there!:D
thought it was fab, shows cobs really can turn their hoofs to anything and that you don't need a huge flashy warmblood to be successful:D

happyhacking:)

Visit site
I was there too and me and my mate loved the cob. Was really nice to see a cob at that level. It kept us quite entertained though as the woman sat behind us who clsimed to be an 'expert' in dressage then proceeded to tell her husband that the cob clearly didnt like having its legs touched as it still had full feathers and ' of course it won't do well at all and will be marked down due to its apperance'!!!
needless to say my mate an I had a job not to laugh at the garbage she came out with and it was to our great relief that they only sat near us for the first session.

smiggy

Visit site
I saw her in the freestyle and there was a collective moment of Awwwww :) from the audience when they came into the arena
Just looked such a fab picture
looked like a really honest horse as well, enough oomph to do a nice test but wasnt going to freak at the judges box :)

WestCoast

Visit site
I was there too and me and my mate loved the cob. Was really nice to see a cob at that level. It kept us quite entertained though as the woman sat behind us who clsimed to be an 'expert' in dressage then proceeded to tell her husband that the cob clearly didnt like having its legs touched as it still had full feathers and ' of course it won't do well at all and will be marked down due to its apperance'!!!
needless to say my mate an I had a job not to laugh at the garbage she came out with and it was to our great relief that they only sat near us for the first session.

A good example of exactly why I have no desire at all to compete. Total misplaced snobbery.

Isn't he the most gorgeous horse ever. :D

Paula