Cobs, dressage and our first 1st at Novice! (pics)

Three

Visit site
Off to Hunters today to do Novice 25 and Novice 37.

Rather worryingly Dom loaded like an angel
shocked.gif
so was a bit worried that it was all downhill from there.

Arrived early enough to have coffee and start eating
grin.gif
before getting tacked up and Mike hopping on board.

First test was indoors, 18 (I think) in the class and Dom did a nice test with some bits that really sparkled.

Only had 40mins between tests so Mike & Dom went back into the warm up to mooch round and practice 37 as they've not done it before.

Second test was outside which is a mixed blessing for a headshaker like Dom but fortunately the sun stayed behind the clouds for the most part.
cool.gif

Dom looked tired but still did a lovely test - although broke in the HIB canter movement.
frown.gif

Came back to the box a very very sweaty little horse and then stood like a lamb whilst we ate more and drank more coffee (dressage outings require excess food consumption in my experience!!
grin.gif
)

Mike went off to get the results and came back with two ribbons - one red, one blue - and some prize money!!
shocked.gif

They scored 68% in the first test and 62.14% in the second. Meaning they won the Resticted Novice 25 (and came 3rd overall) and came 2nd (5th overall) in the restricted N37.

I am soooooo proud of my little cob!
grin.gif

DSC02769-1.jpg

DSC02768-1.jpg

Three

Visit site
Thank you all.

I am extra-odinarily (or a word like that only spelt correctly!) pleased.

He was the only cob there and I'm always intimidated (on his behalf) when he warms up and everything is at least 2 hands bigger and half his width.
grin.gif

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
Yay, well done!
grin.gif
fabulous results...i know what you mean about the intimidation factor. I'm already wondering how my little naughty newfie will be received once we're getting out and about! Xx